Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Any ideas to help me be a good parent this week

(3 Posts)
kitkey Mon 22-Nov-10 08:00:28

Hi, I had a ERPC for a mmc last Wednesday and feel worse toady for some reason. Found it so difficult to drag myself out of bed at 6.30am and deal with daily grind with my nearly 3 year old and 18mth old. I am so distracted with my own disappointment and self pity that I am not really available to my DC I already have. I feel terrible for mourning my lost 3 DC when i already have 2 wonderful DC to enjoy and I am not. Was struggling a little before mmc as felt concerned about coping with 3 - although this is what i planned. I have had days of distraction before but today already at 8am I am counting the hours until i can paul the duvet over my head and black it all out again. My kids need me. No help around. DH obsessed with work. MIL and mum useless - friends all have kids, jobs, pets etc

kitkey Mon 22-Nov-10 08:01:20

Pull not paul!!!!

DooinMeCleanin Mon 22-Nov-10 08:05:05

sad be kind to yourself and allow yourself time grieve.

Tell DH to take some holiday/sick time, you need someone to look after you for a while. Call a friend too, I'm sure at least one will more than happy to support you, despite their job/pets/kids etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now