Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

I have a 3yo and a 1yo, how long before

(15 Posts)
StealthPomBear Mon 15-Nov-10 20:48:59

I can eat a whole meal without screaming in one ear and whining in the other?
(and that's just DH )

Errmmmm Mon 15-Nov-10 20:49:30

About 16 years.

yousaidit Mon 15-Nov-10 20:50:35

I've got 2yo and yo: no screaming and whining, just shouting and fighting!

yousaidit Mon 15-Nov-10 20:51:02

that was 2yo and 4yo! doh!

CarGirl Mon 15-Nov-10 20:51:08

When they leave home, seriously.

StealthPomBear Mon 15-Nov-10 20:52:04

oh so it just morphs into something else
I seem to remember a time when I was pg, or DD was tiny, but DS was old enough to behave an d eat cereal without it going everywhere....happy times

McDreamy Mon 15-Nov-10 20:52:50

I think the year from 3-4 something magic happens and all of a sudden you can do things, eat a meal out, go to the cinema, and it's not a trial. I have a 7 and a 5 year old and they are so easy now - I also have a 21 month old so I'm not completely living on easy street yet!

LBsmum Mon 15-Nov-10 20:55:47

Screaming and whining are a soundtrack to most of my meals, get a radio in the kitchen and crank it up

StealthPomBear Mon 15-Nov-10 20:56:14

thank you, I think I love you

Actually, DS is easier now than wehn DD was born. I don't hvae huge screaming arguments about getting his clothes on (in fact he dresses himself) I can go for a walk with him without sheer panic of him running away, the cereal thing, he has just grown up so much. So it has given me hope

GingerGlitterGoddess Mon 15-Nov-10 21:07:23

Stealth I bloody love your new name grin

CarGirl Mon 15-Nov-10 21:08:31

Dh and I get very excited about eating without the dcs, you get to a meal whilst it is hot and without having to listen to at least one argument.

Ours are 13, 8, 7 & 5 so it's morphed into soemthing else. More emotionally demanding but yes easier doing "stuff" and less physical work.

geraldinetheluckygoat Mon 15-Nov-10 21:17:33

mine are 3 and 5 now. Meals are accompanied by laments of "How much do I have to eaaaaaaaaat" "I only like smallllll carooooottttsss", "He's copyinnnngggg meeeee", "whats thisssssssssss????" from ds1 and just random noises and constant trips to the toilet from ds2.

pure torture grin

StealthPomBear Mon 15-Nov-10 21:19:23

DS has told us at every meal since he learnt to say it: "I no like cheese" in fact that is he catchphrase- "Tristan: he no like cheese"

But today he came home from nursery, and he like cheese! The type? White, grated, apparently

geraldinetheluckygoat Mon 15-Nov-10 21:25:57

haha! "he like cheese" thats funny!

StealthPomBear Mon 15-Nov-10 22:01:29

It's a miracle - or it will be if it carries on!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: