Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Physically I'm done having babies but mentally I will always wobble at that decision thread......

(2 Posts)
sloggy Wed 10-Nov-10 16:52:23

I reluctantly turn 40 next year, I've followed many a 3rd child or not 3rd child thread and have decided we're done! 2 dc, 4 and 2, I feel blessed to have 2 healthy happy dc.

Far too many reasons why I panic at the thought of another pregnancy, newborn, toddler.... but yesterday was horrific pushing the buggy in heavy cold freezing rain getting soaked. Another baby would mean pushing for a few more years! never mind DH and I are also exhausted....

But I do wobble at the thought of not having my dream 3 children, but that dream was before I knew the reality of how hard it is having and raising them especially with no help around!

Anyway, thats it! grin

bacon Wed 10-Nov-10 17:50:24

Practically, I am the same, I'm also turning 40 - 5 & 2 perfect mad boys.

I'd love to have a girl but really we are starting to rebuild our lives now, fitness, hobbies etc. I feel human again and life feels easier for me.

My hubby isnt baby friendly at all, and near enough brought them up to toddler-hood myself and it was a hard slog, not as happy as I had hoped. He is self employed and I have had to help run the business 7 days a week as well as bringing them up. Disappointed with the lack of help from both grandparents too. Anymore I feel as though theyd run a mile.

I am starting to look my age too and would say I'm too old to consider anymore.

I'm gutted as I always thought 3 was perfect but life didnt turn out as good as I dreamt when in my twenties and only re-married in early thirties. On the other hand there are other friends who have been so unlucky in love and are still single who'd love to have had children.

I totally understand how you feel - suppose we cant have it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now