Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

non school uniform for Children in Need

(9 Posts)
Popzie Wed 10-Nov-10 14:56:28

My son - 2.5 - will be completely confused when I send him to nursery in his pyjama's on Children in Need day. It's a nice thought to raise money and all, but HELLO! I can't reason with him at the best of time so Im not looking forward to having to wrestle him into the car in his nightclothes on the day.

RatherBeOnThePiste Wed 10-Nov-10 16:22:20

..so don't??!!

Just donate if you want to, not dress up!

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 10-Nov-10 16:23:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cornonthecob Wed 10-Nov-10 16:39:51

agree don't! but not having to get him dressed for the day sounds like a bonus imo!

Popzie Wed 10-Nov-10 17:03:58

Yeah i guess, only will have to explain why all the other children are in their pjs then.
Sorry crap thread. I just thought it was a bit ironic that after installing the get up and dressed routine since his birth, it'll be a bit much to expect him to understand this fund raising stunt.

eaglewings Wed 10-Nov-10 17:05:53

Get him dressed, but take his PJ's with you so he can change back if he wants to when he gets there?

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 10-Nov-10 17:58:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

UniS Wed 10-Nov-10 20:44:44

How different are 2 yr old PJs to long sleeve T and joggers. no one will bat an eyelid if hes in "normal " clothes. they just want your pound in teh pot.

They have pyjama day occasionally at DD's nursery (not normally to raise money; last time it was because they were "doing" hibernation as part of their topic). I just say the day before "Oh, it's pyjama day tomorrow so you're going to wear your pyjamas to nursery" and then on the day itself reiterate that it's "pyjama day" today. She seems to handle it without too much existential doubt settling in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now