Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Door bouncer - is there a knack for getting baby in.

(12 Posts)
JamieJay Mon 08-Nov-10 22:06:35

Got a door bouncer for DD today (early Christmas present from grandparents).

Tried her in it for 5 minutes and she seemed to love it - grinning and turning round in it grin - but boy was it difficult to get her into it.

She's a big girl and quite long and with both of us I still almost knocked her head n the bar the seat hangs from blush

Is there a secret to getting babies into these contraptions, I'd like DD to be able to use it during the day when DH isn't here to help me in my pathetic attempts.....

Thanks

choufleur Mon 08-Nov-10 22:08:02

THey are fiddly but I used to manage to get DS in. Can't really say how. Just practise I guess.

Casmama Mon 08-Nov-10 22:08:59

I used to attach it to the door and then take the harness bit of the bar, sit ds on my lap and feed his legs into it like putting on a pair of shorts and then pick him up by the straps and attach back onto the bar. Hope that makes sense.

ConnorTraceptive Mon 08-Nov-10 22:11:32

I read the title and thought this was about night clubs and wondered WTF do you want to take a baby to a night club for?!

no advice though

blametheparents Mon 08-Nov-10 22:13:38

I'm with Casmama, though still not a perfect solution.
My DS and my DD both loved their door bouncer. They used to scream with laughter [amile]

YourCallIsImportant Mon 08-Nov-10 22:14:17

I thought this was about nightclubs too!

nameymcnamechange Mon 08-Nov-10 22:20:12

I used to lay the bouncer on the sofa.

Laid dd/ds on the sofa, and pulled the seat bit of the bouncer up round them like a pair of pants.

Then transported the whole lot over to the door and then hung it up with the dc already insitu.

Dd in particular loved it and would happily boing away for 30 minutes at a time. It transformed my life, iirc, because I could then prepare a meal in that time, with her bouncing away happily in the kitchen doorway grin.

scurryfunge Mon 08-Nov-10 22:23:16

Yep, another who thought it was about nightclubs......if your name's not down you are not coming in.

JamieJay Mon 08-Nov-10 23:03:46

All the misunderstandings about night clubs has really given me a chuckle grin

Thanks for the suggestions about putting her in and then hanging up the harness, think I'll try that approach. Hoping she'll continue to enjoy the bouncing........

Guacamole Mon 08-Nov-10 23:11:45

Your thread title is funny... The first thing that went through my head was 'she can't mean she wants to hide her in her handbag?'.
I do exactly the same as Casmama but it is a faff! My DS is also long/tall and I always bang his head on the bar.
Incidentally, if your DD likes it now, just wait until she can actually bounce! DS is 7 months and bounces like mad... We end up with a huge pool of droolonthe floor though!

LadyOfTheFlowers Mon 08-Nov-10 23:13:41

There is a certain way to do it, but I think you have to keep trying and discover it yourself. I don't think I could possibly explain it!

Not much help!

DirtyMartini Mon 08-Nov-10 23:27:36

It is a massive PITA, that's all I can remember. The actual methodology is lost to me, I just have a memory of wrestling with it and thinking FFS! every time we used it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: