Talk

Advanced search

Teething... anyone had experience of these hazelwood necklaces...?

(11 Posts)
newmomma Thu 23-Sep-10 10:26:49

Teething necklaces

Have read the reviews on their website but I know they'll have been cherry picked.

Does anyone on here have any experience of how/whether they work at all?

Thanks

Or should I just invest in a Sophie Giraffe instead?!?

pigleychez Thu 23-Sep-10 13:04:24

Not heard of them before.

Ive heard about Amber teething necklaces and theres been a few threads recently about them. I did toy with the idea of getting DD one but (touch wood!) it all seems to have settled down

My DD currently prefers my knuckle!

newmomma Tue 28-Sep-10 09:06:32

bump

BlueberryPancake Tue 28-Sep-10 15:46:38

I used them with both my children. I am from Quebec where this product comes from and many many parents buy these for their children. My sisters regularely sent me these necklesses when my kids were younger. It's important to replace them after a few months.

I can't say that I've had 'dramatic' results but neither of my kids ever had bad problems with teething.

You might want to read some more information on websites from Quebec - these necklesses are available in most supermarkets/pharmacies in Quebec, but some smaller companies have plenty of information (in French and in English - sometimes not very good english!!!)

The word to look for in French is Colliers de Dentition or Colliers de Noisetier - and most websites will have an English version.

Here's one that looks good as the products are hand made. I don't know if they would be able to ship worldwide but you can ask.

www.avellana.ca/index2.php?page=liste&ID_sousCat=1 38

Rachelo2 Sun 20-May-12 11:01:02

I have dug around and have found nothing about how these necklaces actually work. Maybe I'm too much of a scientist at heart, but statements like 'they reduce acidity in the body' make no sense to me. How? Something seems in through the skin? There are so many other ways to affect the body's pH - surely they would all have positive effects....

benne81 Sun 20-May-12 20:30:33

Yep I'm too much of a scientist and really don't get how they are meant to work. Personally I think they are likely to be a load of old tosh and just another pointless thing for us to spend money on in the vain hope of stopping the dribble & crying. (Also IMHO I think necklaces look daft on babies). Stick a teething toy in the freezer and let them nibble on that.

vess Tue 22-May-12 23:52:52

No experience with hazel necklaces here, only amber ones, but it's the same idea.
They don't really work, but look nice and do no harm, so if you want one, get one. Just don't get your hopes up.

leguminous Wed 23-May-12 11:12:00

Sounds like woo to me! Equal parts wishful thinking and the power of pretty accessories IMHO.

I also can't imagine putting a baby down for a sleep with something around its neck. I know they claim it's a safety clasp and so on, but once they're old enough to manipulate things with their fingers then surely they could manage to twist it up around their neck? I wouldn't have my daughter out of my sight with any necklace or a bit of string. Gives me the heeby jeebies.

NicolaJames Thu 23-May-13 21:44:18

You should ALL read this post regarding Tearless Teething - My husband looked into their products after his sister told him about them.

www.skeptical.gb.net/blog/?p=4070

jussymax10 Wed 22-Feb-17 12:00:20

just wanted to update the information or lack of information of the www.tearlessteething.com skeptical blog please read our R and D we have now and any mums willing to try and review the products please feel free to get in touch info@tearlessteething.com as sadly skeptical blog.com has never even tried the Hazelwood products ???????

arbrighton Wed 22-Feb-17 20:53:53

There's not actually any research or evidence there. I just bothered to look

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now