Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Dealing with food refusal

(4 Posts)
Em32 Sun 21-Aug-05 19:15:03

My ds is 18 months and has just worked out how to ask for snacks. He usually gets cheese slices and biscuits or cereal bars or raisins when he's hungry between meals. Unfortunately he's now also refused his meal a couple of times and requested snacks instead. So far I've just told him it is dinner or nothing, given him a bit more time and then got him down (mid tantrum) from his chair while I try not to look annoyed. Is this the right way to deal with it? So far today he's had a big breakfast and some water and that's it (he isn't drinking milk at the moment either). Just wondered if this would be the way others would deal with it.....

colditz Sun 21-Aug-05 19:15:54

Sounds perfect to me! Just what I would do.

littlesteppers Sun 21-Aug-05 19:44:22

i agree, he isnt going to starve,

but also, in weather like this, even we cant be bothered with a big meal

chipmonkey Sun 21-Aug-05 19:44:37

Em32, you're dealing with it exactly as you should! This is the point at which you realise you're raising a stroppy human, rather than a cute baby, isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now