Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

What are third babies like......

(5 Posts)
whensmydayoff Mon 19-Jul-10 21:34:41

Just a thought.

I have a 3 yr old DS and a 7 month old DD.
I can't believe the difference between a first baby and a second.

I had DS in a routine and dare I go out with these times/schedules he'd be on meltdown.

DD is so laid back. She just fits in with what we are doing and has got used to having to wait her turn!

It may be a bit to do with personality but I do think my more relaxed parenting with DD has alot to do with it.

Am I dilusional in thinking that third babies must be easy peasy?

Obviously DD is at that amazing age (7 mths) when you feel you could have 10 of them and my hormonal mind is making me think id like a third one day.

It's your job to tell me the truth!!

Rosie29 Mon 19-Jul-10 21:46:26

My 3rd, a boy, is very chilled out and easy going. He was a very easy baby but he hated sleeping in his pram and going in the car seat from around 3 months old. He LOVES his own cot which can be a pain, but to be honest we are so skint that it's fine for me to home most of the day rather than out and about. He can get jealous of his older sisters if they dare to hug and cuddle me! He's a complete star, a real character so I say 3 is great (4 would be even better!)

thisisyesterday Mon 19-Jul-10 21:52:37

haha depends

don't ask imarriedafrog she'll tell you all sorts of awful stuff wink

my third is fabulously lovely. my first was very laid back, really easy baby, i used to sit around with nothing to do a lot of the time!

ds2 was HIDEOUS devil baby

ds3 bundle of cute gorgeousness

Firawla Mon 19-Jul-10 21:53:04

im wondering the same, but what some people have said 3 is harder than 2 because if you go on a day out with 2 u can take one each, whereas 3 you are outnumbered by kids, so i think that's the more difficult aspect? and that you cant just put them both in a double buggy and go, older one would have to walk (i suppose if older one fairly old enough by then not really a problem, only if you pack them in close together..), but you probably just adapt to it like you adapt having two instead of only one?
my dcs are same as you described, ds2 (also 7 months) just fits into anything, even ds1 was quite an easy baby too really but was more strictly in his routine and would scream if he was out and wanted to go to sleep, whereas ds2 just nods off quietly if he is feeling tired, he does not make a fuss at all

thesecondcoming Mon 19-Jul-10 21:58:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: