Talk

Advanced search

help me to sleep

(9 Posts)
poppy2133 Sun 21-Aug-05 11:36:12

I used to be a good sleeper until our baby was born. Now he's 16 months and sleeps pretty much all night. The problem is that I don't. I still wake every couple of hours ( he was breast fed until he was 1, the first few months were every 2 hours, 24 hours a day.) I think I am still in "must wake up to breast feed every 2 hours" mode. It takes me 2-3 hours to get back to sleep as I can't seem to switch off from the usual stresses of the day. So even if DS sleeps thru - I still wake up exhausted. Any good relaxation techniques would be much appreciated. ZZzzzzz

moondog Sun 21-Aug-05 11:38:15

You and me both poppy. My baby is 13 months. I seem to spend all night awake,worrying about him and his sister! (Silly stuff mostly.)

I've given up trying to sleep now and just read or do some cooking or housework. Quite enjoy having the house to myself actually. (Still feel wrecked in the morning though.)

newmumhelp Sun 21-Aug-05 18:02:10

Nice glass of wine before you go to bed. Don't know about you, but it gets me relaxed after a stressful day!

MaloryTowers Sun 21-Aug-05 18:07:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

meggymoo Sun 21-Aug-05 18:14:11

Message withdrawn

colditz Sun 21-Aug-05 18:21:04

Exactly malory Towers - Bath, Bottle, Bed!

funnyonion Sun 21-Aug-05 18:40:07

I had an absolutley terrible time with sleep. I was waking up every 2hrs to bf my DS, i had an awful time trying to fall asleep, i became completley obbsessed with sleep and how little i was getting. I remember countless nights when i would lay awake watching the clock. In the end i took my mums advice and introduced cc, DS was 8months at the time. After an awful week he stopped waking up so frequently which made me less obbsessed with time. I also started to read before going to sleep. I found that this really helped, after having no time to myself, 10 minutes of reading really made a differance.
I know how you feel, it was just such an awful time. I just hope i won't be like this next time.

mrsgeorgeclooney Sun 21-Aug-05 18:40:43

ear plugs stop you hearing somthing you think may be him

he isnt in the same room is he

poppy2133 Sun 21-Aug-05 19:03:27

no, he's in his own room. I don't have trouble getting off to sleep as I'm usually completely exhausted but it's when I wake up every couple of hours - it takes for ever to get back to sleep ( if at all ). This morning I woke at 2:30 and was unable to get back to sleep so even though DS slept thru without a peep till 6:30, I'd been lying awake getting anxious about ME being awake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now