Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm scratching my head

(7 Posts)
pablopatito Fri 19-Aug-05 14:49:41

DS is 110 days old and has a small patch of dry, flaky skin on the left side of the top of his head. When he is very tired or stressed he scratches himself here very hard, presumably making the situation much worse. We put cream on it and make sure his nails are short but its not getting any better.

I wondered if the flaky skin was caused by his scratching and not vice versa but our HV says no, this definately isn't the case - he's scratching himself because it itches. But what I don't understand is why he doesn't scratch it when he's not tired or stressed - for 99% of the time it doesn't seem to bother him at all - surely he should scratch it sometimes when he's feeling happy? And if he suffers from dry skin or ezcema why is it only a small, 1" inch square patch of skin and the rest of his head is fine?

I did wonder if he's teething because I've read that babies often pull their ears when they're in pain from teething and this problem area isn't far above his ear.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

PrettyCandles Fri 19-Aug-05 14:53:28

Have you tried using a different cream? Plain olive oil is good, or you can pierce a capsule of Evening Primrose Oil and use a few drops of that.

110 days old or 10 days old?

pablopatito Fri 19-Aug-05 15:25:48

MaloryTowers Fri 19-Aug-05 15:36:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hattie05 Fri 19-Aug-05 15:38:52

Can i ask why you calculate the age in days?

pablopatito Fri 19-Aug-05 16:07:21

Hattie05, DS has a website and it tells me his age in days at the top of the page - so I used that.

Hattie05 Fri 19-Aug-05 16:52:11

Oh ok! just thought it was unusual and i was sat here counting on my fingers counting it in months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now