Talk

Advanced search

Other people's children!!

(18 Posts)
lilibet Thu 18-Aug-05 19:32:34

I have just seen and heard something that almost defies beleif!

I go out to visit people who want their children baptising at our church, this isn't cold caliing, it's a prearranged visit to go thru the service with the parents.

The couple that I have just visited had a three year old dd and a baby. The three year old demanded that the tv be on so that she could watch Mary Poppoins while I was talking, then she started shouting at her dad "turn it up, "turn it up*,"*turn it up, "turn it up," so he did, but not as loud as she wanted.

She then lay on the floor screaming at me "SHUT UP, SHUT UP**SHUT UP, SHUT UP" until her mum said to her

"Don't say that, it's not shut up, it's be quiet"

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pinotmum Thu 18-Aug-05 19:34:13

Bet if you hadn't been there they would have handled it differently

monkeytrousers Thu 18-Aug-05 20:21:04

Aw bless. They were probably mortified!

compo Thu 18-Aug-05 20:22:09

JoolsToo Thu 18-Aug-05 20:24:47

NO - tell me you're joking!

JoolsToo Thu 18-Aug-05 20:25:22

Aw bless?

Pruni Thu 18-Aug-05 20:26:08

Message withdrawn

Pinotmum Thu 18-Aug-05 20:54:51

Maybe you could arrange an exorcism after the baptism.

JoolsToo Thu 18-Aug-05 20:59:13

what - for the parents! good grief!

greenbean Thu 18-Aug-05 21:26:18

perhaps you should refer the parents to parenting classes.

Donbean Thu 18-Aug-05 21:40:24

A friend of mine has her TV blaring for her child and it is imposible to talk, imposible.
Also if we go any where in the car the same child insists on blaring music from the stereo, so you cant hear your self think.
She whines "i cant hear it because you are talking" to which the mother replies "oh, sorry" then turns it up louder for her!

JoolsToo Thu 18-Aug-05 21:41:03

aaarrrrgggghhhhhh! beam me up Scotty!

Donbean Thu 18-Aug-05 21:42:17

A bit like farts, dont mind your own, cant stand other peoples!

JoolsToo Thu 18-Aug-05 21:44:18

PMSL!!!

Tortington Thu 18-Aug-05 22:25:25

i love that donbean i am going to take it and make it my very own.

i want the bumper sticker

lilibet Fri 19-Aug-05 08:48:01

Had to try very hard to keep my face straight, the tale will go down in visiting folklore!!

really hope the mum isn't a mnetter!

Twiga Fri 19-Aug-05 08:53:56

can't help but see the funny side of this one. Reminds me of an incident a couple of weeks ago when dh and I were waiting in the dr's reception for a mw appt. A very cute wee lad was playing on the floor and when his mum asked him a question he said "er?" to which mum replied "don't say Er? Say what?". Dh and I exchanged grins and had to try very hard not to laugh.

NotActuallyAMum Fri 19-Aug-05 12:03:18

I'm with custardo - I want the bumper sticker on Donbean's post too! Haven't laughed so much for ages

Next time I'm findings things hard with my partner's daughter I'm going to think about that, I'm sure it'll make me smile - I just hope they doesn't ask me why I'm smiling, don't think they'd find it funny somehow...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now