Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Calling all OCADO users. A problem I'm having!!!!!!!

(16 Posts)
Eaney Thu 18-Aug-05 17:24:30

Have you ever received two items when you are pretty sure you only ordered one. I have just unpacked an order and received double what I ordered on two items. Last order it happened on one item.

This is not the first time it has happened and usually I assume that I must have clicked twice by mistake but other times I am as sure as you can be that I only clicked once.

I have also noticed that your orders are amended after you have submitted them. Once I ordered a particular size nappy and recieved the wrong size. The paper receipt reflected what I had ordered but the online order had been changed to what had been sent out to me. Generally I think Ocado are fab but this does annoy me as sometimes the items doubles are expensive and when you live on a budget.

foxinsocks Thu 18-Aug-05 17:26:16

this has happened to me but I very rarely order from them (normally from sainsburys) so I put it down to my mistake!

foxinsocks Thu 18-Aug-05 17:26:42

I mean at Ocado - I wonder if it's so it looks like they have no substitutions

Eaney Thu 18-Aug-05 17:37:43

Don't think it's about not having subs. I just end up with double what I wanted. Today I got an extra bubble bath and and extra set of washing up sponges. I pretty sure I only ordered one. I don't bother to print off my order but I think now I should.

When I double check the order before going to checkout I probably don't notice everything.

Hattie05 Thu 18-Aug-05 17:42:58

Are you being charged for them? If so just ring them and say you want a refund on some items you didn't order. They're unlikely to get in a debate about it and will probably let you keep the items as its cheaper than sending someone to collect them!

As for substitutions, you can put a note to the shopper about how you would like things substitued e.g if this size nappies are not in stock please do not substitute. You have to remember they are probably all spotty teenagers with no understanding of nappy sizes!

Eaney Thu 18-Aug-05 17:47:53

I normally do phone them when they send me the wrong thing but with this situation my paper receipt shows that I ordered 2 not 1. I think it may be a glitch in their system or else it is a glitch in my brain. I thought if anyone else was having this problem I would phone and draw it to their attention.

Feffi Thu 18-Aug-05 17:49:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Eaney Thu 18-Aug-05 17:53:13

AAAha that may expalin it. Must think do i use the back button in my browser???? I sometimes try to use the browser back button but it often doesn't let you. I suppose the only solution is to check and recheck.

Eaney Thu 18-Aug-05 19:33:20

I've thought about it and I don't think the back button explains it for me. I rarely use it and I would remember if I reinstated an item thinking it had been removed.

Anyone else have this experience?

Eeek Thu 18-Aug-05 19:35:53

Hi - it happens if you use a search term and then hit return - the return key seems to somehow add one to the last item on your list. At least that's what it was when I got duplicates. If you remember to click instead of hitting return it magically stops.
I hope you got double of something you needed!

gingernut Thu 18-Aug-05 19:37:56

Why don't you check your order online again? Past orders are saved. This is what I do (have only ordered a few times from Ocado but I've definitely had a similar problem with Waitrose Deliver - I've worked out that it's because I tend to open an old order and re-use it IYSWIM. I checkout to reserve the slot, then amend the order later, and sometimes add something that was already on the old order. Doh!).

Willow2 Thu 18-Aug-05 19:54:56

If you use the back button you can end up with 4 jars of marmalade... well, I did. The upside is that sometimes you get extra items that you didn't order and haven't paid for. I don't bother telling them, I figure it's a case of what goes around comes around! (In my case, two packets of bacon and four peaches. Oh, and a free copy of Easy Living and some weird tofu fruit drink. Thank you, Ocado.)

Eaney Thu 18-Aug-05 20:08:42

You are probanly right I know I have had things I haven't paid for. I still think Ocado are fab.

saadia Thu 18-Aug-05 20:11:25

Same thing happened to me - one week I got seven tins of mackerel, and one week, when they luckily messed up the order the paper list showed that I would have got nine punnets of strawberries, didn't actually receive any but were luckily refunded for that.

They are usually very good about refunding for mistakes or for damaged goods. One time I didn't realise that the order was less than £75 so got charged for delivery, but when I called up they refunded that as well.

ghost Thu 18-Aug-05 20:19:01

Ocado is useless in my opinion - I tried using Ocado once - I got one of their discount cards without an expiry date - in a nutshell - spent over an hour doing my shop (not familiar with ocado layout) then when I put in the discount code - but it would not recognise it. I placed the order and rang their help line -after twenty minutes speaking to someone 'helping' me - ie directly me to delete temporary file etc there was still no trace of the order that I had placed, and i was informed that althought there was no expiry date the offer had expired. The order number which had been generated did not exist - I must have been in the old ocado site which no longer existed???? I was thoroughly hacked off but after going to settle one of my children I didnt have the energy to re submit the order. I was going to Tesco instead - on Thursday just before I was about to set off to Texo - the 'order that did not exist' turned up! luckily I just popped home to see if the decorators needed anything, they had signed for it for me and put in the fridge. I have shopped online loads without problems and i really don't have time for site that using the back button 'ah you see thats where you went wrong' is such a problem,or that the order disapears and reappears of its own volition.

Feffi Thu 18-Aug-05 21:38:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now