Talk

Advanced search

Birthday Presents for 5yr olds - any suggestions?

(16 Posts)
west3 Thu 18-Aug-05 14:24:35

DD started school two days ago and has already been invited to two birthday parties, one of which is on Saturday. Has anyone got any good ideas for pressies at less than £10 (preferably nearer £5)? All suggestions gratefully received.

jayzmummy Thu 18-Aug-05 14:27:57

A throw away camera...then the birthday host can take lots of piccies to remember their birthday by.

MaloryTowers Thu 18-Aug-05 14:29:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

west3 Thu 18-Aug-05 14:40:18

Both girls so far, but I am starting to think I should have a drawer of things on stand by for any future last minute invites/emergencies - dd said that she got both invites on Tuesday but forgot to bring them home

MaloryTowers Thu 18-Aug-05 14:43:15

west3 Thu 18-Aug-05 14:51:04

Thanks for suggestions so far they are all brilliant.My brain has gone to mush, blaming it on sleep deprivation from having ds 8 weeks ago.

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 18-Aug-05 14:58:26

Our stock birthday presents for girls consist of a kit to make your own necklaces in a butterfly case from Tesco which is just under £4. Another favourite is a Barbi musical jewellery box which is around £5, again from Tesco.

Fennel Thu 18-Aug-05 15:00:22

crafty things - mosaic sets, spirograph game, etc(about £5 from Woolworths).
games like fishing game, beetle (also about £5 from woolworths). little lego sets £5-10, sometimes in sale.
Bug colleting kits (that was about £7 from science shops or online websites) - that was my 5yo dd's favourite present I think.

Fennel Thu 18-Aug-05 15:01:29

Paint your own pig/bird nesting box/etc. from Tesco or Asda.

TSAP - that musical barbie box is also a favourite with my 5yo

madmarchhare Thu 18-Aug-05 15:01:34

Early Learning also have loads of crafty things for under a tenner.

Fennel Thu 18-Aug-05 15:02:20

Huge rolls of stickers + "album". £5-10 in woolworths. often on special offer.

MaloryTowers Thu 18-Aug-05 15:10:55

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 18-Aug-05 15:20:28

Fennel, my dd keeps asking
"When will I get one of the barbie boxes" We have bought so many for her friends, but she doesn't have one. I even thought about asking tesco's if they coudl give me a discount for bulk buying!

west3 Thu 18-Aug-05 15:35:03

You are all wonderful, we live about 20-30 miles from any decent shops so I don't get the opportunity to browse around very often. Will be heading into town tomorrow after the school run to stock up on presents.

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 18-Aug-05 15:43:30

I sometimes buy fairy costumes from ebay if I can't face going to tesco's/town.

west3 Fri 19-Aug-05 20:14:04

Problem solved - have been into town today and stocked up on hair braiding, wind chime making and necklace creating kits as well as gel pens, notebooks, sparkly pencils and various associated products. I think the girl in woolworths thought I had gone mad, I bought at least three of everything.
*huge thanks to all who gave me inspiration*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now