Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a DVD recorder? I got a few questions!!

(10 Posts)
fra321 Wed 17-Aug-05 19:19:22

I am thinking of getting a DVD recorder, but here are my questions :

- can you plug in your Video Camera throu the TV and then record the footage on to the DVD??

- Can you play Sky+ channels and then record them onto the DVD?!

Any reccomendations about which one to buy etc would be greatly apprecited.

anchovies Wed 17-Aug-05 19:23:15

Yes to both! Is your camcorder digital? If so you can use firewire to transfer your footage to the camcorder rather than doing through analogue cables (both ways are very easy)

You can record sky but you can't watch another sky channel while you are recording (can watch terrestrial tv though)

If I were you I would buy one that plays and records onto DVD + and - R/RW so no confusion

hunkermunker Wed 17-Aug-05 19:24:26

We have a Panasonic one - it's lovely. Can't remember the model number, but it's v good.

anchovies Wed 17-Aug-05 19:25:16

sorry transfer footage to dvd not the camcorder!

fra321 Wed 17-Aug-05 20:15:04

thats v handy to know about firewire - yes our cam is digital. Off to buy one 2moro then!

fra321 Wed 17-Aug-05 20:17:23

another thought quickly.....when i said Sky+ i meant sky+ playback.....when you've recorded stuff on sky+ can you play it back and also record it does any1 know? I've got loads of the Fimble's i would like to put on DVD for a friend!

anchovies Wed 17-Aug-05 21:48:33

fra321, as long as the sky plus plays back on an AV channel then you can write it to a dvd. The same thing about not changing what is on that channel applies though, so no changing the channel if it is the channel that you normally watch sky on. Hope that makes sense!

fra321 Thu 18-Aug-05 08:56:27

thansk anchovies - i am not the greatest with technology! That makes perfect sense about recording whats on the the AV channel...but not changing channel of course.

Thanks for your help

kbaby Thu 18-Aug-05 14:20:07

Weve got the panosonic eh50. Its excellant. I can record from camcorder to dvd. My camcorder is digital but I find it just as easy to put the cables in the TV than firewire. Weve got a dvd recorder where you can record to the hard drive(like sky+) or record to a disk.

Its fab, no more rewinding, fastforwarding etc to find the end of what was last recorded.

mumfor1sttime Thu 18-Aug-05 15:37:02

Yes, you can record from camcorder - I do this alot with ds. We had a Phillips (cant remember model no.) and it was rubbish, we returned it 3 times, had it replaced and repaired - it had a mind of its own, we would be sitting there watching tv at night and the dvd draw would open of its own accord! At first I thought it was my other remotes interfering - but not the case!

The draw would open,close,open,close etc constantly! And it would record for 2 minutes then turn off! So beware of Phillips models! We have exchanged it now for a Daewoo model and its brilliant!(touch wood)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now