Advanced search

Moving House: Positive vibes required for a Monday completion please

(17 Posts)
northerner Wed 17-Aug-05 12:48:19

We are due to move house on Monday. However there are some delays in the upper end of the chain. One of the solicitors has raised some queries on the property and they need the answers to day in order for us to exchange and complete on Monday. If not, it only means a delay of a couple of days but my buyers can only move on the 22nd or we'll all have to wait untill 19th SEpt as he works away and she won't move without him.

POsitive vibes required please.

LouBeeLou Wed 17-Aug-05 13:01:29

Positive vibes coming your way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

northerner Wed 17-Aug-05 13:03:49

Thank you - You're services will be required if it is happenning

LouBeeLou Wed 17-Aug-05 13:15:50

Come on MNers - positive vibes for northerner please!

aloha Wed 17-Aug-05 13:17:44

Good luck! It will all be OK - we exchanged the day before completion - eek. But it was fine.

Hulababy Wed 17-Aug-05 22:24:56

Good luck

sweetkitty Thu 18-Aug-05 14:23:23

can you all send some positive vibes my way as well for an early completion

Solicitor rang me to say they buyers solicitors want to complete on the 16th Sept as he will be out the country for a few weeks, sorry but he is taking the p*, we accepted his offer as he is an investor and thought it would be a painfree transaction but no he stalled and stalled it's been 15 weeks since his offer was accepted. The EA has blantantly lied for him and it was only us threatening to remarket the property that made him get a move on. We are due to exchange very shortly why this delay to completion???

Why are buyers allowed to take the complete and utter p*?

northerner Thu 18-Aug-05 14:26:06

Positive vibes for Sweetkitty.

More needed for me though. Still don't know if I'm moving on Monday or not.

sweetkitty Thu 18-Aug-05 15:20:40

house moving dust coming your way northener - hope we both get some good news today

northerner Thu 18-Aug-05 16:29:50

Still don't know if I'm moving on Monday or not [stesssed, hacked off, banging head against wall emoticon]

sweetkitty Thu 18-Aug-05 16:31:55

wish there was even a remote chance we were moving on Monday so unfair people keeping you hanging on like this northerner!

northerner Thu 18-Aug-05 16:33:24

I'm half packed up and everything. Everything is organised for Monday. And now it's looking likely that it might not happen, and because my bloody buyer has to go back to his oil rig it won't then happen to the end of September

sunchowder Thu 18-Aug-05 16:38:21

Sympathies Northerner and SweetKitty..good vibes coming your way.

sweetkitty Thu 18-Aug-05 17:14:49

had estate agent on the phone congratulating me on exchanging says they have set the completion date for 16th sept, i have not formally agreed this with my solicitor but she thinks it's set in stone what can you do though, we have to go with it now

Now the question is do we put the deposit on teh new place on credit until teh 16th and move or do we stay here and incur more costs???

LIZS Thu 18-Aug-05 17:19:58


LIZS Thu 18-Aug-05 17:20:30

Have you spoken to the solicitor yourself ?

sweetkitty Thu 18-Aug-05 17:30:06

no will phone tomorrow if they don't call

thing is buyer works for same company that have the estate agents all very weird and fishy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: