Talk

Advanced search

EVERYONE WHO'S HELPED ME WITH MY NEIGHBOUR PROBLEM PLEASE READ!!!

(34 Posts)
sparklymieow Wed 17-Aug-05 11:26:02

Guess who was in court last week charged with GBH with intent and affrey!! All 3 of them!! The court were considering the verdict yesterday as the local paper went to press. I hope they have gone dooooownnnnnnnnnnnnn!!

nutcracker Wed 17-Aug-05 11:27:36

Am not really here but just had to say, that is fantastic news and I hope they throw the book at them.

serenity Wed 17-Aug-05 11:28:00

That's got to be a relief, hopefully they'll be out of the picture asap and you can enjoy the rest of the summer!

compo Wed 17-Aug-05 11:28:35

wow! does that mean you might not have to move after all?

anorak Wed 17-Aug-05 11:29:37

I love it when things like that happen.

sparklymieow Wed 17-Aug-05 11:32:42

THREE brothers kicked a man "like a football" before turning on his girlfriend as she tried to shield him, a court heard.

The victim suffered severe internal bleeding and had to undergo emergency surgery following an attack outside Pizza Hut on X, last year.

One policewoman described the subsequent arrest of the brothers as the scariest moment of her career.

J, 25, J, 21, and J, 19, of XXXX, appeared in St Albans Crown Court last week charged with causing GBH with intent and affray.

The jury heard that in the early hours of Saturday, October 23, 2004, three shaven-headed men had repeatedly kicked Jonathon Ure as he lay on the ground.

Mr Ure quickly blacked out but his girlfriend, Kylie Herring, told the jury she had seen one man push him to the ground before kicking him at least 15 times.

"It was like he was kicking a football," she said.

"He had his arms back and was putting his whole body weight behind it."

Motionless

Several other 'skinheads' then joined in and continued to kick Mr Ure even after he had become motionless, she added.

"I screamed at them to leave my boyfriend alone," she said.

"When they wouldn't I actually covered my boyfriend with myself. I got kicked in the leg and the back."

The brothers were later arrested at the bus station on Osborn Way, after a bystander gave officers a description of the three attackers.

According to one officer, J (the oldest one) told him: "We had a ruck, so what?"

The court heard all three were verbally abusive and aggressive and J (the oldest one) had threatened to bite off one officer's ear. He later had to be threatened with CS gas.

Pc Stephanie Dixon told the court: "I've been in the force for three years and that evening was the first time I've ever been so scared."

However the brothers, who had each drunk around eight pints of lager, claimed they had only become aggressive as they had been given no reason for their arrest.

J and J both told the court they had left XXX pub, on Parkway, after J (2nd) had accused J (youngest) of "trying it on" with his girlfriend.

And they stressed they had not seen nor taken part in any fight outside Pizza Hut as they walked towards the bus station arguing.

J (oldest) admitted he had said "we've had a ruck" but claimed he was referring to his brothers' disagreement.

J (middle) declined to give evidence.

All three defendants deny the charges.

The jury was considering its verdict yesterday (Tuesday) as the paper went to press.

I have removed their names and the area because I don't know if anyone knows them on here.

sparklymieow Wed 17-Aug-05 11:33:07

No I am moving, Its a 4 bed house!!

compo Wed 17-Aug-05 11:41:13

you must be so scared living near them

spursmum Wed 17-Aug-05 11:43:14

Halla-bleedin-lulleigh!!!! sounds like the usual weekend fights in our area don't it spark?
And of course you're still moving! You'll be near me!!!

evesmama Wed 17-Aug-05 11:43:16

very sad for the couple..but very good that they've been brought up for it...fingers crossed they lock the lunatics up

sparklymieow Wed 17-Aug-05 11:43:27

Yep!

cerys Wed 17-Aug-05 11:45:09

Oh sparkly, what horrible, evil people. Please let us know what the verdict is. I hope they do all get sent down and you can have some peace and quiet before you move. You and misdee and your families deserve some good times now.

Reading this, I totally understand why you have avoided confronting them/calling the police etc over the past few months. What makes people behave like this? I can't get my head around it.

sparklymieow Wed 17-Aug-05 11:46:01

No way of knowing if they got sent down till next week though, but we haven't seen them for 2 days!

expatinscotland Wed 17-Aug-05 11:47:39

I hope they do some serious time, especially as they probably have priors as well.

sparklymieow Wed 17-Aug-05 11:47:45

People couldn't understand why I didn't confront them or call the police or involve the council, now you all know why!

sallystrawberry Wed 17-Aug-05 11:48:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sallystrawberry Wed 17-Aug-05 11:48:54

sparklymieow Wed 17-Aug-05 11:49:13

The oldest one came out of prison for armed robbery 2 years ago after serving 3 years of a 6 1/2 sentance, the middle one came out on tag for GBH

katierocket Wed 17-Aug-05 11:50:10

jesus, that's awful mieow, they sound absolutely frightening.

spursmum Wed 17-Aug-05 11:50:19

No strawb, sparkley and me are animals when we get together. The new neighbours better watch out.(sorry spark but couldn't let everyone think that you are innocent!!)

gingerbear Wed 17-Aug-05 11:54:00

Good riddance. What a bad family. You must be breathing a huge sigh of relief.

sallystrawberry Wed 17-Aug-05 11:58:27

spursmum Wed 17-Aug-05 11:59:28

Me and spark have some very dodgy memories of clubbing at 16!!! She's gonna kill me!!

saadia Wed 17-Aug-05 12:02:36

Hope they get a long sentence - that poor couple - and how shocking that anyone is expected to live next door to these vermin. Really pleased for you, hope this is the end of your troubles.

misdee Wed 17-Aug-05 12:02:57

whoooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now