Talk

Advanced search

what kind of changing bag do you have?

(51 Posts)
starlover Tue 16-Aug-05 21:00:35

i have a great big thing from mothercare which is great as i can fit in nappies (cloth), bottles, food, spare clothes, toys etc etc etc

this was fine while i had my big pram as it just hung over the handle.
but now i have a pushchair for ds and i have nowhere to hang it!
i can just about stuff it in the basket underneath but that isn't ideal.

i don't particularly want to carry a massive bag... i kinda liked having the pram to hang it on and not having to carry anything!

so what do you use?. why do you love it? will i end up with 2 bags? one to shove under the pushchair full of nappies etc and one to carry with my phone and purse etc?

starlover Tue 16-Aug-05 21:10:36

anyone?

swiperfox Tue 16-Aug-05 21:11:33

I never ever had one!! Just a bigger over the shoulder normal bag!

Tommy Tue 16-Aug-05 21:11:46

I have a fairly ordinary rucksack that I can put on back (a la Dora) or over the handles of the pushchair

starlover Tue 16-Aug-05 21:16:14

hmm u see i think i have just got used to the luxury of not having to carry one!

is there a bag that clips onto the handle of a pushchair?

Hazellnut Tue 16-Aug-05 21:22:44

yes yes yes !! I posted a thread the other day on this but I forgot to bump it and didn't get any replies... but there is the skip hop duo bag which I am thinking of getting for the very same purpose (any one would think we had babies the same age). Again, I need one to clip onto a stroller as my old one is too big (and i've tried a normal bag but wanted to hang it on the handles and it tipped over the stroller)..... Hang on will look for alink.. I wanted someone to say whether it worked or not (i.e. didn't tip over the buggy !)... back in a mo...

starlover Tue 16-Aug-05 21:23:09

oooh hooray!

expatinscotland Tue 16-Aug-05 21:24:27

an old rucksack from a US sporting goods company called REI - Recreation Equipment, Inc.

Hazellnut Tue 16-Aug-05 21:25:56

here you go - this won't link you through to the page but if you go to changing bags and go to skip hop you'll see it in all its colours. If you want black or red you can get it from jojo maman bebe withthe 10% discount from here.... I'm going to get black !

www.purpledudahs.co.uk My links don't seem to work at the mo so you might have to copy and paste.......

Hazellnut Tue 16-Aug-05 21:26:24

ok so that one worked that time - hoorah !

starlover Tue 16-Aug-05 21:27:50

ooooooooh i like those!
the olive would match my pushchair

although... 10% discount would be good... hmmm

Hazellnut Tue 16-Aug-05 21:30:11

better to get the one you REALLY want... you'll only regret it !! Have bumped my other thread to see if anyone has one and can comment on what its like.

geekgrrl Tue 16-Aug-05 21:42:04

mh - I just stuff everything into my handbag - or take a plastic carrier bag if I need lots of things. (a waitrose one though - I'm not that common )
Had a huge babybjorn one once and never used it - was a total PITA to lug around. I breastfed all my babies so there was minimal equipment needed, anyway.

almost40 Tue 16-Aug-05 21:44:33

I have 5 of them - I'm the worst when it comes to bags. Each one is a different size though - one for weekends away, one for a 2 hour trip, one for a day trip, one that's fashionable, one that's impractical. . .

Jimjams Tue 16-Aug-05 22:09:18

ONe of these it's fab. The changing mat matches

starlover Tue 16-Aug-05 22:10:00

they are lovely! but won't go with my macho boys pushchair! lol

Jimjams Tue 16-Aug-05 22:13:12

It's the only girly thing I've got!

Hazellnut Tue 16-Aug-05 22:53:04

Can't keep away from the subject but... the shanghai bag is the original changing bag I had but it is now quite worn and has snagged a lot after only 6 months and it is quite big.... but it IS lovely....

MummyJules Tue 16-Aug-05 23:19:34

I have just got DD a character rucksack that I can store everything in which is good because I can either hang it off the pushchair or carry it. Mothercare have got a great selection at the mo...

eidsvold Thu 18-Aug-05 11:48:10

sports back pack, dd1's winnie the pooh bag or a plain black nappy bag ( think it was mothercare)....Depends on where we are going, how long we will be, who needs what!!

MaloryTowers Thu 18-Aug-05 11:54:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spidermama Thu 18-Aug-05 11:58:21

Tesco do a really nice poly' bag with blue and white stripes. Sometimes I use the Waitrose version which, again, has a white background but more green in the detail.

Actually I just stick everything in my 'handbag' which is in fact a rucksack.

Have you seen the oilily changing bags on ebay which go for about £50 a time second hand

compo Thu 18-Aug-05 11:59:48

we use a free one got with Huggies.

starlover Thu 18-Aug-05 12:07:46

hmmm you see i am trying to get away from having to carry anything myself.
i am liking the skip hop bags which hang on the handles of the pushchair

if i have too big a bag in my shopping basket where will all my shopping go???????

starlover Thu 18-Aug-05 12:08:12

i feel i am possibly overanalysing the whole changing bag thing now though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now