Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Have a week off - Would like to spend time with dd, what to do?

(9 Posts)
MascaraOHara Tue 16-Aug-05 14:49:56

I have the August B/H week off work and would really like to spend lots of time with dd.

I can go on holiday if it costs less than £300.

Otherwise I've though a day at the seaside (she's never been on a real holiday) and some other days out..

Has anyone got any better suggestions? I thought about camping but I've never been before so is that a bit adventurous with a 3yo?

MascaraOHara Tue 16-Aug-05 15:33:30

anyone?

spacedonkey Tue 16-Aug-05 15:34:35

whereabouts are you Mascara?

serenity Tue 16-Aug-05 15:35:02

Where are you?

compo Tue 16-Aug-05 15:35:23

You could take her away just for one night, somewhere near the seaside. Brighton is really nice if you want to go longe. Or what about Center Parcs?

MascaraOHara Tue 16-Aug-05 15:39:54

Between Jct13 & 14 of M1.

If I can't think of anywhere to go on a 'holiday' I was thinking

A day at the seaside
A day at Gullivers Land in Milton Keynes
A day at the farm
go swimming one day etc

serenity Tue 16-Aug-05 16:10:32

You could turn the day at the seaside into an overnighter - stay at a nice B&B. I was going to suggest a day trip to France (ferry not train) but you're probably too far up (sorry geography's not my strong point!)

How about a messy day? Baking, finger painting - doing foot and hand prints in the garden? Picnic lunch etc.

Day trips sound good - save the money you would have spent on the holiday accommodation to go out with.

sis Tue 16-Aug-05 16:16:31

If you want to get a head start, your messy day could be to make salt dough christmas decorations with dd and then you can decorate them with glitter and stuff.

Don't forget to just chill - maybe get a video or dvd from the library, make a big bowl of popcorn - maybe allow some fizzy drinks <<Sis cowers in the corner waiting to be beaten with a stick for even mentioning giving fizzy drinks to a child on MN>>, draw the curtains and enjoy the home cinema show.

Surfermum Tue 16-Aug-05 16:20:13

Do you fancy Cornwall? We've stayed here twice and they do free child places some weeks. The adult price is less than £250 I think. It's not the Ritz but clean and comfortable and there's a beach directly opposite and another just down the hill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now