Talk

Advanced search

who invented leg waxing argggggggggh!

(8 Posts)
AlmostAnAngel Tue 16-Aug-05 06:50:47

had my first leg wax yesterday argggggggggh thats nasty i nearly bit my finger off! i was biting on the knuckle so hard ow!
give me a bic any time

pinkmamma Tue 16-Aug-05 08:29:12

the first time is always worst, honest! you will find pain gets less and less, i have been having it done about 13 years and i find it quite relaxing now (except bikini line ouch!)

Littlefish Tue 16-Aug-05 08:46:02

I agree with Pinkmamma. I've been having my legs and underarms waxed for about 18 years now. I have them done about every 6 weeks now because the leg hairs are geting sparser and sparser. I was told not to have a waxing done just before your period as it can be more painful. Also, I was told that if you take an asprin an hour before waxing, it doesn't hurt as much. (Underarms are always quite painful though, and I still haven't managed to pluck up the courage to have a bikini wax!!)

I can't bear the feeling of shaving. I was really bad at it, and always ended up wandering around for days afterwards with bits of loo paper stuck on bloody cuts and scrapes on my ankles .

jessicaandbumpsmummy Tue 16-Aug-05 08:53:25

buy Veet wax strips - fantastic and dont hurt!!!

MaloryTowers Tue 16-Aug-05 09:17:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

expatinscotland Tue 16-Aug-05 09:20:48

Next time go the chemist beforehand and pick up some Emla. Apply about an hour before your waxing appointment.

GeorginaA Tue 16-Aug-05 14:29:47

LOL, just had my first wax today. Found the bikini line okay though - it was the back bottom part of my legs (near the ankles) that were really sensitive for me.

dropinthe Tue 16-Aug-05 14:31:39

I once had my bikini line waxed about a week before my second son was due-OMG-I don't know how the poor girl managed to get both sides done-the pain was HORRIFIC!
NEVER- wax when pregnant or due on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now