Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Q about eternity ring

(20 Posts)
diva4mgl Sun 14-Aug-05 20:27:40

just wondered when do you have your eternity ring? i mean im married 3 years and haven`t got one. is there any certain years or do you just buy one? or does your dh buy you one oneday?

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sun 14-Aug-05 20:28:35

i always thought it was supposed to be upon the birth of your first child, but hey, Jess is nearly 13 months and I havent got one!!!

Littlestarsweeper Sun 14-Aug-05 20:38:35

DH should buy one UNPROMPTED on the birth of the child as a loving gift (nice with flowers at hossy) However, doesnt often happen, they normally dont want to part with cash and they need to be frog marched with their arms up their back into the most expensive jewellers you can find. (none of the argos stuff)

littlerach Sun 14-Aug-05 20:47:18

I got mine before we were married, on Valentines just before DD1 was born.

starlover Sun 14-Aug-05 20:48:38

yeah it is traditionally on the birth of your first child.
other than that i don't think there is a specific time when you're supposed to have it. some people never have one!

Lonelymum Sun 14-Aug-05 20:48:53

I got jewellery for each of my four children, but never an eternity ring.

I thought it was for when you felt you had been married an eternity!

Littlestarsweeper Sun 14-Aug-05 20:52:02

Distel Sun 14-Aug-05 20:54:23

I had one last christmas, completely unprompted and VERY unexpected. It was a lovely gesture and made me cry (I cry easily ).

kama Sun 14-Aug-05 20:54:59

Message withdrawn

Orinoco Sun 14-Aug-05 21:02:15

Message withdrawn

Littlestarsweeper Sun 14-Aug-05 21:03:36

lol

kid Sun 14-Aug-05 21:06:58

I received an eternity ring from DD when she was 3 months old. Ok, so DD did't go and buy it herself, but it was my first Mothers Day as a mum. The ring has 'number 1 mum' on the side of it.

Twiglett Sun 14-Aug-05 21:07:52

birth of first child or 10th anniversary is what I heard

diva4mgl Sun 14-Aug-05 21:42:19

LoL i should have given birth 10 years later then
Im only joking I just wanted one
I have wedding ring, which cost 200 pounds
What is the best hint do you think girls? I have to do something otherwise dh won`t think about it.

starlover Sun 14-Aug-05 21:43:10

i just told dp i wanted a diamond ring.
then when i was pregnant i told him i needed a "having a baby" ring.
so he got me one!
not an eternity ring, a diamond solitaire

kid Sun 14-Aug-05 21:48:06

How about looking through a catalogue or magazine and keep pointing them out saying, 'Oh I would love a ring like this' and force him to look at it.

Other than that, circle pictures of ones you have seen and leave them laying about! I'm sure he'll take the hint, eventually!

donnie Sun 14-Aug-05 21:52:37

I got mine on our 5th wedding anniversary.

eidsvold Mon 15-Aug-05 12:04:31

I got mine when I was pregnant with dd2 - a combined birthday/anniversary present. We had been married 3 years then. OUt of the blue dh said we were going to the jewellers to look at rings and we got it then and there.

RachD Mon 15-Aug-05 12:15:20

I got mine for no apparent reason.
Dh always knew, I had always wanted one.
Got it, on an ordinary saturday in December.
Before ds was one, before my first wedding anniversary !

Birth of first child is a good time, but anytime is good.

Hazellnut Mon 15-Aug-05 13:12:34

I got mine after having dd (first baby) but the hints I gave were very very unsubtle and he knew he wouldn't get away without getting me one (helped my brother bought his wife one in same circumstances 6 months earlier !!). I bought him cufflinks though too with dd's name engraved on back of one and date of birth on other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now