Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Argghg help me buy a new vacuum cleaner

(11 Posts)
wangle99 Sun 14-Aug-05 14:09:53

Ok am so cheesed off with my dyson cylinder that I really need a new vacuum cleaner.

So what do you reckon? Upright or cylinder? and what makes are any good?

The dyson we have is the 'animal' one, is meant to pick up pet hair but doesn't do a great job as the brushes always get clogged up with MY hair!! (please don't suggest a hair cut for me lol!)

Also the 'lifetime' filters have to be washed out every week because they become clogged.

What should I get?

beetroot Sun 14-Aug-05 14:11:47

Message withdrawn

vickiyumyum Sun 14-Aug-05 14:14:14

i always brought dysons and had recently brought the new ball one (which is crap by the way) and my mum brought a henry about the same time, hers is much better so much so that i have just put an ad in the freeads for my dyson and will be off to buy a henry!

SleepyJess Sun 14-Aug-05 19:24:20

Please can people add to this thread with their hoover recommendations as I am waiting with bated breath to hear what people think too.. as our vacuum cleaners seem to die on a yearly basis!

BUMP!

Carla Sun 14-Aug-05 19:29:10

OK!!!

After about 4 dysons, got fed up with them.

Tried the Miele Cat and Dog .. fab for a while. People turning up, Miele didn't work, no Miele in Argos, Currys, or whatever, so bought the Morphy Richards Cat and Dog. Fab, fab, fab ... and much lighter that the Miele one.

Even if you don't have a cat, or a dog, it does that beats as it sweeps as it cleans thing, which with two girls is great for picking up hair. It really is wonderful.

waterfalls Sun 14-Aug-05 19:33:32

Sebo upright, can't beat them.

waterfalls Sun 14-Aug-05 19:35:55

sebo

I have the second one down, it is about 4 years old now and is still brilliant, and I hoover alot.

henshake Sun 14-Aug-05 20:14:09

Dyson cylinder couldn't cope with my hair never mind the dog or cats.

Just had a hair cut, from down back to above ears (eh aren't British Summers cold) and changed vac to a Pet Vax. It has a turbo tool and washes the carpet which is great. 3yo DD is becoming independant & occasionally drinks & milk go on carpet.

nooka Sun 14-Aug-05 20:28:18

We love our Henry. Ten years old and still going strong. We have cats and it seems to do the job (although my standards may not be that high!) But we don't have any stairs and it might be a pain to lug up the stairs - but he has such a happy smile

Janh Sun 14-Aug-05 20:50:38

Miele S571 - brilliant. Picks up everything. The Cat and Dog has a turbo brush head but it's another £70 or so and the S571 does almost as well. Also very neat and light and easy to lug about and use on stairs.

Just noticed it says clearance so if you want one get it now (Miele have probably upgraded it but replacement unlikely to be cheaper!)

serah Sun 14-Aug-05 21:20:19

ooh.. considered a George? (bigger relation of Henry). I've ended up with both Henry and George, but George does both Henrys job and does professional wet carpet cleaning, valeting etc.

I got George brand new and guaranteed sent direct from the manufacturor through Ebay for £164 btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now