Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

have any mnetters studied Linguistics?

(8 Posts)
Chickyboo Sat 13-Aug-05 20:09:07

I'm having problems doing a Child Discourse assignment. can anybody help? pleeease

Amanda1 Sat 13-Aug-05 20:14:50

Message withdrawn

Chickyboo Sat 13-Aug-05 20:19:20

I have to analyse some utterances between young children. I'm just not sure what the layout of the assignment should look like.

Amanda1 Sat 13-Aug-05 20:21:12

Message withdrawn

Chickyboo Sat 13-Aug-05 20:25:52

Never mind Thanks Amanda1

catsmother Sun 14-Aug-05 12:00:48

Hi Chickyboo - I also studied Linguistics years ago, & got a 1st. The very embarrassing thing is though, that most of what I sweated over for 3 years has disappeared into some dark recess of my memory and now, I can only really recall generalisations. I have kept all my essays, books, assignments etc., but unfortunately, having moved a short while ago, all that stuff is still boxed up so I can't even go and have a check for you.

Sorry - me posting all that is pretty pointless isn't it - doesn't help you much !

If your assignment isn't due in just yet, why not double-check with your tutor re: the layout. I'm sure they'd rather you asked and hand it in correctly, rather than not ask and do it wrong.

moondog Sun 14-Aug-05 12:03:05

Yes,but couldn't really help unless I could see your examples unfortunately....

Chickyboo Sun 14-Aug-05 13:39:17

I've tried to contact tutor but he does not work at Uni so tried to contact another on no help. I think maybe I'm not explaining properly I know what to look for just don't how to put answers down on paper what does is there a set layout for presenting analysis or does it look like an essay? please help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now