Talk

Advanced search

Laundry advice needed please!!

(7 Posts)
Manfwood Wed 16-Jul-03 09:38:57

I opened my w/machine the other day and it looked like a tissue had been left in some clothes -but it was worse. I then discovered two nappies (serves me right for using disposables) had ended up in the machine - i suspect DS (19 momths) may have put them on the pile or they just fell in. The clothes are covered in little bits and not sure best way to get them off - am trying washing them again to see if this helps. i do have some sticky rollers but think this would not be that effective and would take forever. Any good ideas??

doormat Wed 16-Jul-03 09:42:54

rinse clothes in the sink until you get majority of bits out. Then stick it in the spin cycle. Then pop in the dryer as it takes most of the fluff and lint out anyway. Hope this helps.

My washine machine is broken at moment, so I have to settle for handwashing. Waiting for part to come through, been a week now and boo hoo I have lost my right arm

Manfwood Wed 16-Jul-03 13:38:13

Thanks for the advice - unfortunately dont have dryer!! by my parents do so if rewashing and spinning doesnt help may try this!

janh Wed 16-Jul-03 13:50:24

I was going to suggest using a dryer too - but with the wind today (well, it's v windy here), if you take them outside, give them a really good flap and put them on the line, a lot of it will come off anyway (have had multiple tissues in wash recently!) and then you could take them to your parents' house for a tumble to get most of the rest off.

janh Wed 16-Jul-03 13:50:54

I was going to suggest using a dryer too - but with the wind today (well, it's v windy here), if you take them outside, give them a really good flap and put them on the line, a lot of it will come off anyway (have had multiple tissues in wash recently!) and then you could take them to your parents' house for a tumble to get most of the rest off.

janh Wed 16-Jul-03 13:51:08

oops.

SoupDragon Wed 16-Jul-03 15:43:44

I@ve done this before too with a pair of pullups. I shoved it all int eh tumble drier which is of no help to you whatsoever. I had to scoop stacks of the stuff out of the washing machine too - it was all the gel stuff from inside the pullup!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: