loader

Talk

Advanced search

What film(s) can't you watch?

(88 Posts)
Mosschops30 Fri 12-Aug-05 09:46:31

Message withdrawn

morningpaper Fri 12-Aug-05 09:48:41

Yes I CANNOT watch horror films AT ALL - they totally freak me out for days and I have nightmares like a 4 year old. I don't understand why anyone finds them entertaining!

FairyMum Fri 12-Aug-05 09:51:25

I can't watch ET.

flamesparrow Fri 12-Aug-05 09:52:30

Nightmare on Elm Street... or really any horror films involving dreams/nightmares. Have always had terrible nightmares, so they just freak me out too much.

Saw a clip of Sophies Choice, and have refused to watch the whole film cos the one clip made me too distressed.

Mirage Fri 12-Aug-05 09:57:28

I thought it was just me who couldn't watch ET fairymum.I think it is a revolting looking thing-like a maggot.

Will never watch Jacob's Ladder or Born on the 4th of July again-far too disturbing.

suzywong Fri 12-Aug-05 09:58:38

nor me for ET, load of contrived schmaltzy clap trap IMO

marthamoo Fri 12-Aug-05 09:59:20

Trainspotting. I saw it when I was pregnant and I will never watch it again - much as I love the blessed Ewan.

marthamoo Fri 12-Aug-05 09:59:47

Oh wong, you heartless cynic.

monkeytrousers Fri 12-Aug-05 10:04:37

DP couldn't watch Irreversible. Baise Moi was unbelievably crap so I wished I hadn't! (Part of my study is about film and feminism)

monkeytrousers Fri 12-Aug-05 10:05:14

Shadowlands is the film I blub at most though!

spagblog Fri 12-Aug-05 10:05:56

A tv film about rabies...I think it was called all things bright and beautiful...I was young when it was first shown on TV and the trailers scared the life out of me.
I still have nightmares about dogs and foxes going rabid!

monkeytrousers Fri 12-Aug-05 10:12:15

We also wanted to watch Desperate Midwives but DP nearly had a breakdown. Brought it all back. He's such a sensitive soul now.

munz Fri 12-Aug-05 10:18:10

any 'real' horrors such as the excorsist, chukkies, freddies things like that. - only watched pyscho at xmas for the first time at 23!

and sleepers watched it once never again.

Nickinha Fri 12-Aug-05 10:20:15

I cant watch real life movies like Schindler's List, too disturbing for me.

eidsvold Fri 12-Aug-05 10:36:43

Gallipoli - at the end as they go over the top of the trench and the young man is shot dead.... arms outflung... terrible as I have had to show it to students I was teaching a number of times. That scene makes me cry at the waste......Have a range of excuses so Ican just duck out at the pivotal moment!!

expatinscotland Fri 12-Aug-05 10:40:03

'The Shining'. Freaks me out. So does 'Pet Cemetary'.

katierocket Fri 12-Aug-05 10:40:53

Last exit to Brooklyn. Even thinking about that horrendous rape sign at the end makes me feel ill.

Any horror film.

Aimsmum Fri 12-Aug-05 10:41:47

Message withdrawn

fisil Fri 12-Aug-05 10:56:51

Trains, Planes and Automobiles

MT, I was in Shadowlands (ish)

Toothache Fri 12-Aug-05 11:03:41

I can't watch any film where a child dies. Leon is particularly bad as the 6 yr old boy is gunned down quite graphically in front of his big sis.

monkeytrousers Fri 12-Aug-05 11:13:05

fisil - ish? Are you Debra Wingerish?

koalabear Fri 12-Aug-05 11:18:34

American Beauty - can't stand watching anything which justifies/desensitises betrayal and marital infidelity

saadia Fri 12-Aug-05 11:45:26

Ordered Gladiator on pay-per-view twice and fell asleep both times. Also avoid horror films - couldn't watch Blair Witch Project again - the filming made me feel nauseous.

expatinscotland Fri 12-Aug-05 11:48:17

I made the mistake of going to see 'The Blair Witch' project after meeting a few mates in a pub beforehand. We all had to walk out for feeling sick.

bran Fri 12-Aug-05 11:52:26

Titanic - my mother saw it in the cinema and liked it so much that she bought the video for me. It's just so dull that even if I try to watch it I find that I've wandered out of the room and found something more interesting to do without even realising it.

I don't like watching horror films either, unless they are good enough to be worth sacrificing a good nights sleep for (eg Dusk till dawn).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now