Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aologies in advance but...lady garden trimming for the complete novice?

(14 Posts)
marthamoo Fri 12-Aug-05 09:08:21

Off on our hols tomorrow - and we said we'd take the kids swimming (there's a public pool not far from our house). So...what do I do with my lady garden? I'm of the run wild, run free school of thought - I did trim it once, years ago, and it itched like buggery so I've left well alone ever since.

I don't want a Brazilian, or a landing strip, or it shaved into the shape of the Mona Lisa - I just want it tidying up so it doesn't..ahem..show. And I have to do it myself. And I don't want to be itchy on holiday.

So scissors, razor or bunches?

flamesparrow Fri 12-Aug-05 09:10:18

I think plaits would be pretty

Oooh, or I heard of some new thing where you have it all shaved off, and then they stick little gems like bindis on it!!!

For me though, I go with trimming down the main of it with scissors, and razoring the edges until it is as far in as I want....

Twiglett Fri 12-Aug-05 09:10:27

Trim with scissors

wear pants and stand in bath

apply Veet

wait 3 minutes, test if hair comes out take it off

(be careful that Veet doesn't slip under your pants cos then you'll have a wonky muff )

.. or plait down your legs??

hoxtonchick Fri 12-Aug-05 09:10:46

immac, which might be called veet now.... i've got a shower version. just need to actually use it before we go away on sun.

Katemum Fri 12-Aug-05 09:21:28

Watch the Veet if you havn't used it before. I tried it on my legs and it burnt my skin, was very red and sore for days.

giraffeski Fri 12-Aug-05 09:24:14

Message withdrawn

flamesparrow Fri 12-Aug-05 09:25:30

Veet never seems to work on mine.. maybe I just have very strong hair that don't wanna dissolve!

I'm reluctant to leave it on for more than 10 mins (the longest I've tried)

flamesparrow Fri 12-Aug-05 09:26:00

I was assumin she was wearing the knickers to get an even area and work out how far to do?

Blossomhill Fri 12-Aug-05 09:30:21

I have clippers especially for the job marthamoo and they are great.
I tend to thin it out with them and use cream to remove the hair at the sides

flamesparrow Fri 12-Aug-05 09:32:27

Teeny bit of extra advice... don't do it after a few glasses of wine...

It went wonky, so I then kept trying to straighten, and I ended up with very very little left!

Hulababy Fri 12-Aug-05 09:33:26

Veet also leave me very red and sore - ouch!

I have a bikini trimmer, and then finish off very edges with a normal wet shave carefully done.

marthamoo Fri 12-Aug-05 09:49:23

Oh you lot are stars, thanks! Do you know, I had never even considered Veet/Immac - just hadn't occured to me. I've used it on my legs before and I don't have sensitive skin so I think I'd be OK with that. Don't much care if it's wonky - just don't want it hanging out the sides of my cossie

Where did you get the special clippers from, blossom? It's not something I'm going to be doing on a regular basis so I don't think I'll need them - just intrigued as to how they are marketed. Bet they call them something really coy like ladies intimate clippers or somesuch

When's your op twig? How are you feeling this morning? Glad to hear your bits are nice and tidy anyway.

Twiglett Fri 12-Aug-05 09:59:20

am leaving in 5 minutes .. thank god for nerves, my kitchen has never been so clean

the reason for the wearing of the pants is to stop the veet getting in your lady bits I always thought .. am I the only one who does the pant thing (it must be because my thighs overlap )

marthamoo Fri 12-Aug-05 10:01:12

OH LOTS OF POSITIVE THOUGHTS WINGING YOUR WAY. Oops, caps lock. I clean house when I'm worried too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now