Talk

Advanced search

would u go out alone...

(16 Posts)
KemalsStilletto Thu 11-Aug-05 20:19:40

I mean to a nighclub/bar/pub? I know some ppl who do who dont have many friends and I'm not sure I could do it! I might feel self concieous sat at the bar or dancing all on my lonesome!

expatinscotland Thu 11-Aug-05 20:20:37

I'd go to a pub on my own, but not a nightclub or bar type place. They're not my thing even when out w/mates.

MarsLady Thu 11-Aug-05 20:20:46

I would and do to salsa clubs

biglips Thu 11-Aug-05 20:22:07

i go to salsa class and archery on my own, but not anything that involved drinks as i couldnt do it, if i was a man, yeah i would do it (is that sexist or wha!!)

KemalsStilletto Thu 11-Aug-05 20:25:38

wow expat and mars...u are very brave! I go to aqua fit alone but not sure I could ever to to a club/pub like I said, but I wish I could, would be handy when mates let you down at the last minute!

Skribble Thu 11-Aug-05 21:51:05

I don't even like eating lunch on my own without a paper or magazine to bury my head in.
It would have to be something orgainised like salsa classes to tempt me out.

tillykins Thu 11-Aug-05 22:00:16

Gosh no! never!

Blossomhill Thu 11-Aug-05 22:00:58

No way!

Caligula Thu 11-Aug-05 22:04:44

Only to something organised.

Otherwise you get approached by men who a) haven't had sex for five years, for reasons which become obvious within about 40 seconds or b) have wives who don't understand them or c) haven't tried axe-murdering yet and think tonight might be the time to start.

<<<Shudder>>>

snafu Thu 11-Aug-05 22:21:05

I used to go out on my own loads when travelling - bars, restaurants, etc - but I wouldn't do it so much here.

I used to get a few funny looks but if I didn't go out on my own, I didn't eat! And it often led to some interesting stories for the next day

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 11-Aug-05 22:23:49

Only organised things - at a push.

Im a wimp.... I dont even like driving to the shop on my own!

cod Thu 11-Aug-05 22:24:16

Message withdrawn

cori Thu 11-Aug-05 22:30:24

mmmm, I conisder myself quite a shy person but have been to pubs ( when younger ) on my own, have been to the movies, restaruants etc by myself. Never to a nightclub though. Hey, I even travelled around Europe on my own.
Organised activities not a problem.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 11-Aug-05 22:32:11

i dont know - i just dont like being out on my own.... i get scared. What if the car breaks down? What if i have an accident - silly stuff! Im ok if ive got jess with me, stupid really isnt it considering she's only 12.5months old.

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 11-Aug-05 23:48:49

I wouldn't go a a bar or club on my own but I love going for lunch on my own.

cod Fri 12-Aug-05 07:09:51

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now