Talk

Advanced search

Loosing my hair

(7 Posts)
TwinSetAndPearls Thu 11-Aug-05 15:33:08

Every time I wash my hair loads seems to come out. I have very thick hair so I don't think it is noticeable, although my mum in her usual tactful manner asked where I had gone to have my hair cut as she wouldn't go there as they had runied my hair by cutting too much out!

My hair is starting to feel thinner, although this could be psychological as I am very conscious of it.

Cleaning my bathroom has just become such a chore as the hair is everywhere, I have to use disposable cloths as they just get clogged up with hair which I then transfer somewhere else. I am now starting to notice hair in othr places I spend a lot of time such as in front of the computer!!

I know after pregnancy you loose the hair you didn't loose while pregnant but it can't be down to this as dd is nearly 4.

starlover Thu 11-Aug-05 15:59:53

could it be stress?

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 11-Aug-05 16:10:37

I thought about stress, as I have had a lot lately. Although I just suggested stress ot my dp who snorted at the idea of me getting stress!

I didn't suffer from hair loss though when keeping down a stressful job and living with a very stressful partner.

Is there anything I can do to stop or slow the process down?

foxinsocks Thu 11-Aug-05 16:17:34

I think if it carries on going it's worth asking in the health shop to see if you need any supplements and if that doesn't help, go to the GP because there can be medical causes.

starlover Thu 11-Aug-05 16:19:38

definitely go to GP

i had stress-induced alopecia when i was little. Apparently I only had it when i had school dinners... and they think it was because i was so worried/stressed because they used to force me to eat things i hated!!!!
it was mainly a patch behind my ear and it grew back white!!

foxinsocks Thu 11-Aug-05 16:21:17

possible reasons for hair loss

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 11-Aug-05 18:07:18

starlover it isn't going from a particular area. just from my head in general

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now