Talk

Advanced search

Tooth Fairy

(9 Posts)
PeachyClair Wed 10-Aug-05 00:27:54

My five year old has a wobbly tooth. So, what is the going rate for a first tooth, and can I get away with a small gift instead as he has AS and will hoard the money and eventually lose it. He wants a boy's necklace he saw for a couple of quid in Next.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Wed 10-Aug-05 02:59:27

Lovely idea... I hope when it comes to the tooth fairy stage in my house i can get away with small gifts rather than money.... money will only get spent on sweets at that age surely!

PeachyClair Wed 10-Aug-05 09:53:22

Scarily, DS1 wold spend it on sprouts I think- much better than sweets in his opinion!

binkie Wed 10-Aug-05 09:56:22

We do a shiny £2 for the first tooth, then rate goes down a bit dramatically thereafter, specially when four are lost in a fortnight.

Would he want to buy the necklace himself if the fairy left money? - or does he have a different sort of concept of money, as being just for hoarding (like dragon treasure)?

Flossam Wed 10-Aug-05 10:01:57

I used to get 20p!!

MaloryTowers Wed 10-Aug-05 10:08:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaloryTowers Wed 10-Aug-05 10:09:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bambi06 Wed 10-Aug-05 10:13:07

i left £1 for each tooth recently..two teeth in the space of three weeks!! what about leaving money accompanied by a note from the fairies saying they`ve left him the money for him to buy the necklace as they know he would like that but fairies are only to leave money i understand

PeachyClair Wed 10-Aug-05 10:23:57

Note would be a good idea, thanks.

Dragon treasure is a good way of describing DS's attitude to money, he puts it inside a secret box with any of my jewellery he finds, coins, broken keyrings etc. I am forever finding my wedding and engagement rings int here (I am allergic to gold so cannot wear them any more).

Thans everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now