Talk

Advanced search

best way to get a piece of ebay furniture delivered

(11 Posts)
treacletart Tue 09-Aug-05 19:23:30

I want to buy something on ebay thats local pick up only from Grantham and somehow get it to Brighton. Anyone got experience of a good courier that could handle a small but heavyish piece of furniture?? and anyone know what it's likely to cost?

chicaguapa Wed 10-Aug-05 15:32:46

I've just used someone from ebay to collect a sofa and deliver it to my cousin. They charged £40 from East Lancs to south Manchester. You have to be quite flexible re dates etc. I can recomend them as all was ok. In fact if you just search under "delivery" on ebay you should get quite a few come up. They all have good feedback. I just chose this one as he was the cheapest.

treacletart Wed 10-Aug-05 17:15:03

cheers chica!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Wed 10-Aug-05 17:16:10

Try PostVan.com - Absolutely fantastic - just got a double buggy boxed and couriered for £12.86

If you order before midnight, they collect the next day.

feelingold Wed 10-Aug-05 18:02:49

treacletart - don't know if I can be of any help but I live in Grantham so if I can be of any use to you let me know.

treacletart Wed 10-Aug-05 18:09:24

Oh thats so sweet of you! - don't fancy a trip to Brighton do you feelingold??

Cheapest I've found so far is a Grantham firm who can probably do it for abour £35 so should be OK - but Ive had a few quotes around £90 and one for £200! obviously pays to shop around..

feelingold Wed 10-Aug-05 18:59:37

Wish I could, I could do with a few days away. £35 sounds very cheap, whats the name of the firm?

treacletart Wed 10-Aug-05 19:30:16

I think it was Lincolnshire County Couriers. Just had a thought Feelingold, Im off on holiday tomorrow and its likely my seller may want shot of the rocking horse before I get back - would you perhaps be able to look after it for a few weeks for me? I dont think its very big.

feelingold Wed 10-Aug-05 19:45:10

No problem if it would be ok in the garage or if it is not too big it might even fit in the loft (cos we have a loft conversion one side we have a small door to enter the other side) and my hubby has a van and I have a people carrier so would have no probs fitting it in.
I only wouldn't want it in the house cos I am a childminder and the little loves would want to go on it.
I have had my holidays so will be here now so let me know if I can help.

feelingold Wed 10-Aug-05 19:50:13

I will CAT you with my details just in case you need me.

treacletart Wed 10-Aug-05 20:14:43

oooh you're a star! I love mumsnet!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: