Talk

Advanced search

How great is Google Earth??

(13 Posts)
flashingnose Mon 08-Aug-05 20:36:41

Have spent hours looking at this - for those of you in a decent sized city, you can probably see your house .

download for free here

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 20:38:01

I downloaded it the other week and wasn't all that impressed.

Unless there is something I'm missing. Is there a way of getting a clearer picture?

Milliways Mon 08-Aug-05 20:39:24

Wow - Ta

flashingnose Mon 08-Aug-05 20:40:05

I think it depends where you're looking - if you type a central London postcode in, you can see the cars and buses quite clearly but for my town, it's more fuzzy. But love the tilting and zooming .

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 20:41:23

I wanted to look at York (where I come from) and tbh I thought it would be pretty clear but it's not at all.

flashingnose Mon 08-Aug-05 20:42:43

Ah, maybe it's better just for major cities (still like it though - love swooping from UK to Australia )

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 20:44:02

I do like it apart from the fuzziness.

stacijc Mon 08-Aug-05 20:44:06

noooo tis fab!!! my little tiny road is on it and i can go see the world without paing a penny

swiperfox Tue 09-Aug-05 19:16:30

How do you get it to be clear? I've changed my pixels and i got some of the pic fantastically clear, kike a photo but the other half was big and blurred.....

sarjon Tue 09-Aug-05 19:56:23

I think its fantastic!! I think they are still updating it though so some of the images are less clear. London will be much clearer as this is a priority area (as is most of the USA as this is where it started I think).

Still a fab idea though!!!

Twiglett Tue 09-Aug-05 19:58:27

makes me feel a little sea-sick tbh

but we saw the top of our house

Frizbe Tue 09-Aug-05 19:58:34

seems to be clearest for the USA check out seattle! you can see people and cars n everything!

swiperfox Tue 09-Aug-05 20:21:16

typical most places are clear now but mine and my mums houses lol

Perth, Australia looks excellent but you can't find a specific suburb

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: