Talk

Advanced search

How far in advance would you.........................

(18 Posts)
MrsBubsDeVere Mon 08-Aug-05 18:00:20

Renew your wedding vows.. DH and i got married at the registry office and I must admit that i had always dreamt of being a slim bride and having a lovely reception etc.

How far in advance would you starting planning? I am wanting to make my own invites as well to give it a more personal touch.

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 18:03:07

It depends on how big your going to have the ceremony. If your hiring a hall or booking a room somewhere that might determine the amount of time you have IYSWIM. Sometimes you have to book these places 2 years in advance!

MrsBubsDeVere Mon 08-Aug-05 18:07:28

I would ideally like to book a venue somewhere, at our first wedding we had the reception at a local pub then back to our house, i would like to do something really special, but I'm also stuck for venues, we live in West Yorkshire, any ideas?

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 18:15:41

Well when we were going to have a church wedding we booked Bagdon Hall at Scisset (Denby Dale) which is absolutly out of this world. It's in amazing grounds with beautiful rooms and they have fantastic ideas for your ceremony. Everything from your table settings to wether or not you want a Gezeebo outside. It's great.

There are a few more which I have have seen but I'm just trying to remember the names of. Give me a few minutes to think.

MrsBubsDeVere Mon 08-Aug-05 18:18:22

DH knows that it is something that i have always wanted to do, and i figure if i start looking round now, and POSSIBLY book it won't seem to be as much an expense at the time, our first wedding was booked with 7 weeks to go.

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 18:20:18

We had to book Bagdon Hall 1 1/2 years in advance and I think it was pretty much the same for all the other places tbh but that was for Saturdays. Weekdays didn't seem to book up as quick.

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 18:24:04

Lets see if this works

BagdenHall

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 18:24:54

Damn, no it didn't!

It's Bagdenhallhotel.co.uk if you want to have a look.

MrsBubsDeVere Mon 08-Aug-05 18:26:25

Thanks, i have looked at 3 venues, Wentbridge Housethis

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 18:27:44

There's the Cedar Court Hotel which is near the Asda at Wakefield, the St Pierre which is at Newmillerdam (Wakey)

I'm trying to remember the name of a lovely one in between Dewsbury and Wakey. It's really nice as it's in the middle of a massive lake so again really nice surroundings. Great for photos.

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 18:29:44

That looks lovely. I love places like that.

MrsBubsDeVere Mon 08-Aug-05 18:30:14

rogerthorpemanor and crowne plaza

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 18:34:20

I've been to the Crowne Plaza. Thats nice! The Raddison at the Light in Leeds is lovely as well.

I've just remebered the Durker Roods Hotel but thats more towards Huddersfield.

MrsBubsDeVere Mon 08-Aug-05 18:41:55

Can't find the raddison, to be honest, I wouldn't know where to begin, but i suspect booking a venue is the first

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 18:48:02

Yeah it is. Make a short list of places you'd really like to go and see, ring them up and 9 times out of 10 they have wedding planners there who will show you round and tell you what they offer you for example of the price you pay includes a suite for the evening, bar, meals, table setting etc.

Have a look round them all and if needs be provisionaly book them just in case.
When you've talked to them you'll know exactly how long you've got to arrange everything else you want.

When we booked Bagden Hall we had somethings done for us like entertainment, table decorations etc. Before I was stressing about having to arrange these sort of things but when I found out they did it, it was a massive weight lifted off my shoulders.
We never even got married there in the end, lol!

MrsBubsDeVere Mon 08-Aug-05 18:53:18

I like the look of st pierre, but its a bit away from us, where did you tie the knot in the end?

MrsBubsDeVere Tue 09-Aug-05 10:22:56

Bump

Nbg Tue 09-Aug-05 13:32:50

Sorry didn't get back to you. St Pierre is nice but if I remember correctly your near Freeport aren't you so it is quite a few miles away. It's actually only 10 mins from my place!

We went to Gretna Green in the end. We booked the big wedding before I was pregnant but when we found out I didn't think it would have been possible especially with dress fittings and stuff so we cancelled, I found out about Gretna and we booked it in less than 2 months!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: