Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What the best way to remove chocolate stains?

(7 Posts)
jane313 Sun 07-Aug-05 17:13:14

Have tried vanish spray and vanish oxi something spray and the specififc stain devil for chocolate but you can still see it. I must remember never to give my son choc chip cornettos again.

KBear Sun 07-Aug-05 17:14:50

chocolate is a nightmare isn't it. I use Biotex spray (having tried lots of other things) - I think the secret is wash it quickly or it is ruined!

Carla Sun 07-Aug-05 17:20:06

What's it on? dd2 has a lovely white cotton dress that keeps on getting stained with tomato sauce, bolognaise, chocolate ice cream, etc, but as long as I shower it with Shout and put it on a hot wash on its own, it comes out ok.

I'm also a sucker for those Glo White and Stain Go sachets you put in the washing machine.

If you're talking carpets or upholstery, though, have you tried 1001?

<<<Makes a mental note to get a life>>>>

MayoGirl Sun 07-Aug-05 17:28:39

try putting it out on the washing line. Sun should bleach it.

lucy5 Sun 07-Aug-05 17:32:40

i use shout but it sometimes takes a few washes or if you use washing liquid put it straight on the stain and bung it in the wash.

Tommy Sun 07-Aug-05 17:52:28

chocolate ice cream is the worst and I think mini milks are particularly bad!

jane313 Sun 07-Aug-05 17:53:32

I sahll try shout and biotex. (it was clothes) and alwasy on a sunny day out so plently fo tiem to dry out and set for ever. I may start buying more brown clothes for him be good for potty training too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now