Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Holding a play-day - what can I do???

(7 Posts)
006 Sat 06-Aug-05 13:07:23

I have foolishly invited a bunch of my daughters schoolfriends to play as they all miss each other over the holidays. I invited a few on the basis that with holidays and other committments, they would not all be able to come. They can!!!!!!!! And some have sisters!

I have booked a bouncy castle to take thr pressure off, planned some food and bought stuff to make ice creams and mocktails.

What else can I do with 12 little girls, especially if it rains?

fairydust Sat 06-Aug-05 13:08:46

how old are the girls?

Nemo1977 Sat 06-Aug-05 13:08:50

make rice crispie cakes
get twister or something for them to play
can u make ur own pin tail on donkey type thing?

006 Sat 06-Aug-05 13:11:35

Girls are all 5 or 3 (mainly 5) - so quite sophisticated

Satine Sat 06-Aug-05 13:12:40

Get a big table with pens, card, glue, scissors (safety, if appropriate!) glitter, string, old paper plates, cereal boxes etc - anything, really, and let them make stuff! I did this yesterday (I got all the mums to bring a bag of 'making' stuff) and the kids loved it!

006 Sat 06-Aug-05 13:26:19

I often do the craft type stuff (but in a hired hall). My house is no palace, but I cannot face any more glitter glue that takes me months to clean and ruins furniture ( I am a wicked Mummy)

Satine Sat 06-Aug-05 18:37:01

Ooh, quite agree - we did it in our village hall! My house is too small and I would have been secretly having Bree-style panic attacks every time one of the kids disappeared off clutching a tube of glitter glue........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now