Talk

Advanced search

Would you let your children go to London atm if they didn't have to?

(19 Posts)
essbee Fri 05-Aug-05 23:03:37

Message withdrawn

essbee Fri 05-Aug-05 23:04:55

Message withdrawn

Ladymuck Fri 05-Aug-05 23:07:27

Ho hum. Yes he probably can take them unless you're prepared to miss the wedding.

If it is any consolation I'm taking my 2 up to Piccadilly tomorrow to see the Gruffalo. I reckon that any attacks would be more "effective" during the week, but who knows.

Yorkiegirl Fri 05-Aug-05 23:08:11

Message withdrawn

essbee Fri 05-Aug-05 23:09:08

Message withdrawn

Janh Fri 05-Aug-05 23:14:39

Would you have let them go before 7/7, essbee? If that's your main concern then I would say let them go - if it's more to do with ex coping with them at a do like that, that's different.

Could you suggest an alternative outing for them?

(Iloveyourdyingkeyboardbtw )

essbee Fri 05-Aug-05 23:22:52

Message withdrawn

essbee Fri 05-Aug-05 23:25:05

Message withdrawn

Janh Fri 05-Aug-05 23:28:29

Ohhhh, it's Innocent smoothies - should be pretty laidback then, I'd have thought?

Janh Fri 05-Aug-05 23:31:54

It sounds like a lovely day out, actually - wish I could go - I really don't think it'll be a big noisy bash, there is a cake stall for a start, it'll be a large cross between a village fete/school fair/folk festival I would guess.

Go on, essbee - they'll be OK - take the lift and have a day off, you deserve it.

(Sorry I haven't seen you on msn lately, it's this sodding training keeping me out till all hours.)

Satine Fri 05-Aug-05 23:37:42

There's nothing to say that if there are more attacks, they will be in London - it might be Manchester, or Edinburgh or anywhere. It does make you think twice but it would be a shame to miss a lovely day out when the actual chances of anything happening are quite small. Easy to say, though, I know we mothers worry all the time anyway!

Janh Fri 05-Aug-05 23:38:55

DS1 is going to be in London all week, if it helps

handlemecarefully Fri 05-Aug-05 23:42:24

Have read all the thread, and sorry to be a party pooper, but there is no way my children would be travelling by London tube or bus. But then, perhaps I'm being just being irrational? I did make my husband drive to the Passport office in London earlier this week rather than use public transport.

Could you ask him to stick to taxis once in London? Is that a practical compromise?

handlemecarefully Fri 05-Aug-05 23:43:16

I'm dreading my children becoming young adults and able to make their own decisions...

essbee Fri 05-Aug-05 23:53:36

Message withdrawn

handlemecarefully Fri 05-Aug-05 23:59:39

essbee, I think it's totally legitimate to worry about this. You and I have probably got it all out of proportion, but you can't really rationalise your anxieties can you...

handlemecarefully Sat 06-Aug-05 00:00:12

well i can't anyway

Janh Sat 06-Aug-05 00:01:22

Training OK, thanks - taking ages and getting very complicated now, makes my brian hurt (loads and loads of different screens and function keys and whatnot and we're supposed to remember them all!)

Taxi sounds like a reasonable (but expensive!) compromise - he could afford it more easily than you of course, maybe you can shame him into doing it by offering to pay - hope so.

Have a good time tomorrow and don't worry!

essbee Sat 06-Aug-05 00:04:40

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now