Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

would u stay put or move house?

(10 Posts)
hermykne Fri 05-Aug-05 20:16:53

nearly in our current home 3 years, and its fine.
ds now 1 is gradually marking every bit of paintwork whereas dd didnt touch a wall let along mark a thing.
we thought we would move in the next 6 mths or so. should we stay put a little longer?, let ds get a bit bigger and save on decorating costs!

we want to move for 3 reasons, dh wants a garage, i want a studio (me room) and more privacy.

where we are will be very handy for schools but thats 1 yr away for dd, my biggest fear is my neighbours would sell and we'd get a bunch of nosiy people next to us, we have lovely quiet neighbours with small children.

skerriesmum Fri 05-Aug-05 20:18:49

Hi Hermkyne! Guess what, we're moving to Canada pretty soon... dh's visa has been approved finally. Our house will be up for sale, do you want to move to Skerries Hope you and the kiddies are well.

kama Fri 05-Aug-05 20:20:27

Message withdrawn

hermykne Fri 05-Aug-05 20:20:43

hi there, wow, what made u decide to do that? someone in the irsh times mentioned living there instead of ireland as the weather is proper seasonal weather.

when do u think you ll depart?
we will have to meet beofre the summer is over, at my mothers house, i am just so blinking lazy these days

hermykne Fri 05-Aug-05 20:21:58

kama
i was kinda thinking that about school alright
and decorating for selling would be ok as we could do it ourselves,
i think its stay put for another wee while

skerriesmum Fri 05-Aug-05 20:23:01

Really miss my family, and just quality of life I guess. We hate commuting to Dublin and not having enough space, and if we moved into town we'd have a massive mortgage and I'd have to keep working... work is OK but want to be home when more babies arrive, hopefully soon! We're here 8 years and change is good. Not looking forward to winter though!

skerriesmum Fri 05-Aug-05 20:24:00

Better go put the boy to bed... will email soon, I finish work in a few weeks and will have more time then... talk soon xo

hermykne Fri 05-Aug-05 20:28:03

commuting really is awful, i dont know how u do it or any mums with kids, the weeks just fly by and then its catch up at the weekend.

marks brother is having a hard time in london with their ds in creche and them both working, his wife leaving house at 6.30am stuff.and him travelling.

i ahve to say the idea of a massive mortgage would scare me, thats why living here is cost effective, how do people do it?
my firend just bought a house in portmarneock and they are mortgaged up to the hilt, hes self emp, and they are so blase about it. shes at home exp no 4!

jane313 Fri 05-Aug-05 20:28:57

I would stay put as long as you can. I have had my house on the market for 2 months, tons of viewings and only 1 silly offer and we have reduced the price too. Its horrible trying to keep it clean with a toddler and its very stressfull thinking it may take months and months. If there was anyway I could make it bigger and not move I would!

hermykne Fri 05-Aug-05 20:40:37

jane that must be a pain alright cleaning all the time.
we could extend too, but i dont think we'd make any more money out of doing that, its just this house isnt my be all and end all house.

but i think its a stay foir the time being feeling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now