Talk

Advanced search

Snail Trails?

(18 Posts)
Lulu41 Fri 05-Aug-05 12:02:09

I have for the last week woken up to find snail trails in my living room of all places - does anyone know if any other insect produces a trail like a snail - looked for snails but cannot find them - anyone else had this problem - been searching the net but found nothing!!!!

Thanks

kid Fri 05-Aug-05 12:03:57

slugs

Hattie05 Fri 05-Aug-05 12:04:21

children?

Janh Fri 05-Aug-05 12:06:39

It will be a snail or a slug - I had them in my kitchen (only on the floor luckily!)

(I put some slug pellets down )

kid Fri 05-Aug-05 12:07:55

children do leave snotty trails don't they!

I think snails would be easier to see, slugs hide well. Have you tried to follow the trail?

moozoboozo Fri 05-Aug-05 12:09:31

I had this in my old flat. I never found the little buggers, but the trail will vacuum up nicely

moozoboozo Fri 05-Aug-05 12:09:56

And I think it's quite common

Lulu41 Fri 05-Aug-05 12:11:02

Yes have followed the trail but can see nothing - slug pelletts presumably are easy enoug to get but what about my two year old mistaking them for sweets?

Janh Fri 05-Aug-05 12:21:40

Put them down at night along the trail, Lulu - it only needs a few - and hoove them up again in the morning before the little ones see them. (They are bright blue and very small.) (The pellets )

Janh Fri 05-Aug-05 12:22:07

Little one, sorry.

Iamalsohairyhercules Fri 05-Aug-05 12:23:54

put some beer out. They love it and drown happily.

Janh Fri 05-Aug-05 12:25:29

But only if you want to deal with a dead drunk (and dead, drunk) slug first thing in the morning!

(They crawl away and shrivel up and die with the pellets, apparently - I never found a corpse anyway.)

herc, how long are you going to be also hairy?

Iamalsohairyhercules Fri 05-Aug-05 12:26:04

Till I can be arsed to change back....

Iamalsohairyhercules Fri 05-Aug-05 12:26:40

anyway Happymerryberries still uses her christmas name

hercules Fri 05-Aug-05 12:32:49

that's better.

Lulu41 Fri 05-Aug-05 13:10:20

Thanks for your suggestions everyone - will try and deal this weekend - since we bought this property we have had ants the odd mouse and now this - old georgian conversion - plenty of gaps to get in I suppose!!!

Nixz Fri 05-Aug-05 13:56:37

i had the same problem for ages at my old house. I used slug pelletts but i put them all down the side of the house, right in the cracks outside and with in 2 days i found a load (and i mean a whole slug population!) all round the outside of the house and never had another trail in my house. I just brushed them all up and bid a fond farewell!!!!!!

Janh Mon 08-Aug-05 23:04:05

EWWWWWWWWWW!

Came in after dark at 10pm, opened freezer for yummy frozen curry for my tea and there was a huuuuuuuuge slug sitting on the floor just under the door

So I salted it, watched it writhe for a bit and then binned it in a napkin. Nasty slimy thing.

Then I put lots of lovely pellets down in case there are more (they must be getting in through air vents or something).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: