Talk

Advanced search

tip toes

(7 Posts)
Danni05 Thu 04-Aug-05 19:46:21

My 7mth old walks on his tips toes or when ever he stands, he used to have a walker,then i was told that they can cause this so stopped using it about a month ago, but this has got worse since then, he never used to go on his tip toes. Is this normal? will he grow out of it?

Twiglett Thu 04-Aug-05 19:49:07

your 7 month old walks ?? wow

wouldn't worry about the tip toes as long as he is able to stand flat-footed .. if he can't then it might be worth getting him checked by GP

Danni05 Thu 04-Aug-05 19:51:15

no sorry dont mean walks on his own i mean if i hold his hands or if he's holding onto things he can stand.

edgetop Thu 04-Aug-05 20:09:31

my ds did that until he was over 1,he stoped when he got his first shoes,sometimes now i see him doing it when he has nothing on his feet,he walks fine so no worrys.he is almost 5 now.

Mirage Thu 04-Aug-05 20:52:56

DD does this occasionally & will be 2 this month.She has done it since she started walking & can walk perfectly well flat footed.She never used a baby walker though.

Littlefish Thu 04-Aug-05 22:18:48

This is one of the things my HV checked at dd's 8 month check. She tends to go on tiptoes first, but will then put her heels down when she feels balanced. Have you been given a date yet for your ds's 8 month check?

Danni05 Fri 05-Aug-05 08:05:48

no i havent been given a date, she said it could be anything til he's 1 when i see her next.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now