Talk

Advanced search

how to i find out about someone, other than by hiring a private investigator!

(11 Posts)
stitch Wed 03-Aug-05 21:48:58

the title says it all really. ive googled the persons name, but havent come up with much, doesnt mean he's not an ex-wife beater iyswim.
any ideas will be much appreciated

MrsGordonRamsay Wed 03-Aug-05 21:51:24

Ecky thump, no idea.

The only wife beater I was ever aware of killed him self on remand. BIG MAN, not

BadHair Wed 03-Aug-05 21:52:21

What is it you want to know about the person? Do you suspect something particular about him?

IvortheEngine Wed 03-Aug-05 21:55:20

Have you tried looking him up on Friends Reunited to see if he is listed on there? Maybe he has put up a member profile. Does he have an unusual name or do you know what school/college/uni he went to? It might be impossible to do a search unless you do.

WestCountryLass Wed 03-Aug-05 21:55:22

Friends Reunited?

stitch Wed 03-Aug-05 21:55:27

well, it this whole arranged marriage thing. in my family, tis something that hasnt been done, and we dont really know how to go about it. theres a bloke who wants to marry my sis, and he sounds good, looks good etc, but, if you are not romantically in love with someone, then making the decision to be with someone and make a home with them and have kids with them etc is scary. iyswim.
just trying to reassure her, and myself really. and i think hiring a private inestigator is a bit below the belt.
so stumped really.

WestCountryLass Wed 03-Aug-05 21:55:42

Great minds eh

IvortheEngine Wed 03-Aug-05 21:59:32

Yep!

stitch Wed 03-Aug-05 22:01:41

thanks, will try that.

BadHair Wed 03-Aug-05 22:05:43

Um, don't know much about arranged marriages really. If he's halfway decent, and as this sounds like more of a business than romantic decision, he surely wouldn't mind providing some kind of reference and letting your family meet his family, that sort of thing. You could ask him to provide a CRB check to make sure he's not dodgy. If he's above board he would surely want to prove that he's worthy of your sister, and if he isn't willing to comply it might indicate that he has something to hide.

stitch Wed 03-Aug-05 22:21:32

my parents have met his sis, and will be meeting his parents next week.
a crb check sounds like a good idea.
not exactly a romantic start to a marrieage. but the romantic route doesnt seem to be working......
i found him on friends reunited, and it confirms he went to school where he says he did. thats it really.
thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: