Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sellling a car tips please

(7 Posts)
flowerfairy Wed 03-Aug-05 20:06:52

I'm getting myself really in atizzy because i'm such a worry-wort. My car is going in the local press tomorrow and I haven't done this before. I'm pooping my pants in case some psycho phones or comes to look at the car. DH thinks i'm a bit melodramatic when i get like this, so I'm trying to control myself and remember it's not even in the paper yet!

Any advice for calming me or suggestions please MNetters

ilovehorses Wed 03-Aug-05 20:12:58

Don't worry.

If they want to come and give the car a test drive make sure your dh is with you as men know what to look for with other men and ripping you off and stuff. That's the gamble you take when pitting adverts in the press but I seriously wouldn't worry if he is a pyscho or she even then you will know for sure(femala intuition).

Hattie05 Wed 03-Aug-05 20:13:23

No advice, but i can make you laugh with my experience!!

The night the first viewers came to see my car. Pitch black dark winters evening. I lived in a 2up2down at the time. DP had crashed out on the sofa and the lightbulb in my kitchen blew - which meant house in darkness as no other rooms!!It was an elderly guy looking at my car who told me not to wake my dp as i went to give him a big boot of the sofa so we could sit in light and go through the paperwork, but i was so embarrassed as there was nowhere else to sit.

So we drove my car to a local petrol garage, so we could sit under the floodlights and sort out paperwork .

I have never been so embarrassed but he did buy my car!!

I typed him a receipt which stated "car sold as seen" so he had no comeback.

Good luck!

kid Wed 03-Aug-05 20:14:55

We put our car in a mag or paper or something. It was in it for 3 weeks and we had no interest at all! We ended up keeping the car for another 2 or 3 years!

flowerfairy Thu 04-Aug-05 20:14:04

Thank you for your messages last night. Just thought I'd update you. HAd several calls and sold the car tonight. Yippee.

Though now i'm worrying incase I ahvent given the buyer everything, or filled out the paperwork properly. See I told you i was a worry wort!

kid Thu 04-Aug-05 20:17:17

that was a quick sale, well done!

flowerfairy Thu 04-Aug-05 20:41:42

Yes cash sale. Am feeling a bit sad though as it was my first new car that i bought with the money from my first job after university. It was a bit sad to see it going up the road for the last time.

Nearly forgot to get the registration document signed and had to run barefoot up the road to catch the buyer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now