Talk

Advanced search

most fantastic place to stay (alone) within striking distance of canterbury?

(14 Posts)
Heathcliffscathy Wed 03-Aug-05 15:01:48

i have planned my getaway (if you remember the other thread, which I cannot for the life of me find, but would be chuffed if anyone else could...was about what would you do if you could go away without dh, kids for a few nights) to a spa recommended by an mner (not marthamoo but something moo...thank you!) near canterbury. am on strict instructions to be away four nights and the spa i'm going to is closed on the monday, sooooooo i'm looking for somewhere fabulous (not too expensive) to stay for one night....any offers? should i go to coast or stay near canterbury (what is shopping like there) how should i make the last 24 hours the best of all.....

when i say striking distance, of canterbury, i'll have a car, and love driving, but obviously not yorkshire....like an hours drive or so away or closer????

god i feel so guilty and so lucky and it's taken me days to actually book but now that i have i'm so excited!

Heathcliffscathy Wed 03-Aug-05 15:02:17

meggymoo...i think that was who recommended the spa...thank you it sounds so fab and i'm so looking forward to it already....

Fio2 Mon 08-Aug-05 23:09:38

well i live 8 miles from....

i will find more out for you my dear

Fio2 Mon 08-Aug-05 23:23:26

when are you going?

hotel continental in whitstable is lovely but canterburt itself is lovely, i would stay there if it is only a short break tbh

turquoise most probably know some lovely hotels i will ask her

flashingnose Mon 08-Aug-05 23:31:24

suedonim Tue 09-Aug-05 14:36:20

Can't help with fantastic places to stay but I can tell you where not to stay. We've just had a break in C'bury and stayed in an awful place on London Road.

Fio, we drove into H Bay yesterday, to see MIL, and I was looking at the people and wondering which one was you! I'm amazed the Continental is so good now. Dh and I had a top floor flat in the building opposite, on the front, and both our flat and the hotel were the pits, back then. The street still had gas lamps and ponged of escaping gas!

meggymoo Tue 09-Aug-05 14:54:13

Message withdrawn

meggymoo Tue 09-Aug-05 14:59:57

Message withdrawn

Fio2 Tue 09-Aug-05 15:01:41

lol suedonim have you gone home now? I met rickman in herne bay yesterday and it was quite lively to say the least! i am one of the only people pushing a major buggy (SN pushchair ) that doesnt make me very anon does it?

My Mum and Stepdad stayed in the Hotel Continental and they think its lovely. You are quite lucky sophable as Herne bay has NO hotels nowadays...........

there a Hotel on the Old (or is it New) DOver Road. iwill have a look and ask turq again.

Fio2 Tue 09-Aug-05 15:02:35

i think you will like whitstable actually, it is very lovely

Raspberry Tue 09-Aug-05 15:07:07

hey! sophable, whats wrong with t' Yorkshire?

don't get us flat cap wearing, whippet breeding, pudding eating types upset, you'll be sorry

suedonim Tue 09-Aug-05 15:30:49

Yup, back home now, Fio. We'd seen all our rellies and couldn't stand the cr*p hotel another night so drove back yesterday. It was quite busy in the Bay - dd kept on & on about candy floss all the time, arrrggghh!

Fio2 Tue 09-Aug-05 16:06:53

there is a really nice B&B in Whitstable aswell sue, if you ever want the details. My Mum and Stepdad stay in the guest houses on the front here though and they have been 'ok' but they brave our house now There is an apartment on the Canterbury Road aswell that is nice

suedonim Wed 10-Aug-05 16:01:46

Thanks, Fio. At the moment I'm so tired after the trip down south that I've sworn I'll never go away again but I'll keep your info for future reference!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now