Talk

Advanced search

birthday cake needed for 30th birthday

(6 Posts)
supersonic Tue 02-Aug-05 16:03:36

I apologise if this is in the wrong place i am starting to panic because as normal I have left everything until the last minute. I am looking to buy a cake that is already made but my DD can decorate this is for 2 reasons once because my cake making is not up to much and it could take me a few attempts to get it right and secondly time is not on my side (birthday thursday and I can only do this with DD in the mornings but have to bear in moind DP is back from work at around 10.30am as he is a postman - I should have planned things a little better I know but if I can just get this take I may pull it off and he can still hve a wonderful personalised cake courtesy of our DD!
I would really help if anyone has any suggestions as to where to buy one.
thanks

cadbury Tue 02-Aug-05 16:05:29

Asda do plain white iced sponge cakes for very reasonable prices. You coud use that as the base and give your dd some of those writing icing pens and some sweets to decorate with. HTH

TwinSetAndPearls Tue 02-Aug-05 16:05:34

Most supermarkets do cakes which are ready iced so you can just decorate them. Can buy fondant icing to cut into shapes or mould into figures to decorate the top.

supersonic Tue 02-Aug-05 16:09:26

Thanks Cadbury and Twinsetandpearls that has been helpful. I am about to call asda to confirm they have will have one in for me to collect tomorrow . i bought some of the writing pens today so DD is really looking forward to making her mark bless her!
thanks again!

supersonic Tue 02-Aug-05 16:10:42

Thanks Cadbury and Twinsetandpearls that has been helpful. I am about to call asda to confirm they have will have one in for me to collect tomorrow . i bought some of the writing pens today so DD is really looking forward to making her mark bless her!
thanks again!

cadbury Tue 02-Aug-05 16:11:03

Nice to be helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now