Talk

Advanced search

Australia question?!

(7 Posts)
fra321 Tue 02-Aug-05 08:59:52

Does any1 know if its possible to send a letter/package to Cairns, Oz. My 2 friends are currently travelling there (away for 1 yr, but will be staying here about 1 month) I would really like to send them a little parcel with some pics, a letter etc (we do email but i know she would love getting a hand written letter!) They have no fixed address though - is it posbbibly to send things to a postoffice where they could collect it!?

Does any1 know? Thanks x

Papillon Tue 02-Aug-05 10:05:18

You should be able to send mail to your friends at send via post office

Poste Restaurante
<name of person>
Cairns
Australia

or something like that

it will go to the central post office in Cairns

you might like to ask your local post office to check

fra321 Tue 02-Aug-05 10:16:20

thanks papillon, i emailed royal mail a week ago and nothing came back - typical i post on m'net and i have just recieved an answer! your correct thanks loads!!

albert Tue 02-Aug-05 10:20:17

Yes, it's not a problem. I think backpackers rely on this type of thing, I know I did when I did my 2 year hike around the world! Papillion is almot right but it is 'poste restante' not restaurante (are you hungry?) You can send poste restante to any post office as they travel around - I even had airline tickets sent to me when I was in Kathmandu and it arrived no problem.

Papillon Tue 02-Aug-05 10:47:18

pregnant Albert

Hey we are faster than the post!!

fra321 Thu 04-Aug-05 09:35:51

2 yr hike around the world....I am soooo jealous, its bad enough getting weekly pictures and updates from Thailand and now the Great Barrier Reef

How long do you think it will take via airmail?

bobbybob Thu 04-Aug-05 09:42:04

3-4 days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now