Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DH thinks Mumsnetters know everything,so.............

(20 Posts)
Mirage Sun 31-Jul-05 19:16:46

DH has been bugging me for months to ask this question,but I keep forgetting.He thinks that there is nothing that Mumsnetters don't know,so here it is.

Is the theme tune to Clifford the big red dog,part of a pop song?DH swears that it is & is possibly something by The Eels.OK,so its not a question of world shattering importance,but every time DD watches it,DH asks me if I've found out yet.
TIA

desperatehousewife Sun 31-Jul-05 19:21:39

bloody lame pop song if it is!?!!!

SoupDragon Sun 31-Jul-05 19:29:17

can't possibly be, surely!

Marina Sun 31-Jul-05 19:30:49

Well, he must be working on the principle that They Might Be Giants gave us the theme to Malcolm in the Middle.
Even so...Eels? On Clifford?

helsi Sun 31-Jul-05 19:31:53

well according to the credits at the end of Cliffors the song is sung by an individual and not a band.

lunachic Sun 31-Jul-05 19:32:50

i used to like eels and have never heard clifford song
what about the song for clifford puppy days 'love makes little things grow' i like that better !

helsi Sun 31-Jul-05 19:34:28

sorry to hijack this thread but additionally is the voice of puppy clifford the same as Franklin (the British Franklin not the American voice one)?

WigWamBam Sun 31-Jul-05 19:36:48

The theme tune was composed by Mark Mothersbaugh and Josh Mancel, and the lead vocal is by Jason Michael.

edgetop Sun 31-Jul-05 19:37:04

sorry i don,t know the answer but have you tryed ask jeeves or something like that.you got me thinking now

snafu Sun 31-Jul-05 19:55:15

Has your dh ever actually heard The Eels?

Then again, Mark Mothersbaugh was in Devo so...

snafu Sun 31-Jul-05 19:56:35

Oh - hang on - I was thinking of Clifford's Puppy Days - that's definitely not Eels - confused, me?

WigWamBam Sun 31-Jul-05 19:57:56

Although it has to be said that the theme tune for Clifford doesn't bear much relationship to Devo either ...

lunachic Sun 31-Jul-05 19:58:51

i like devo thanks for that snippet snafu !

WigWamBam Sun 31-Jul-05 20:01:03

More here on the other stuff that Mr Devo has written .. he did the Rugrats as well.

What a sell-out ...

Marina Sun 31-Jul-05 20:43:32

At least he has not trod the path of the Wiggles
"We are not men, we are a giant red soppy dog..."

Mirage Sun 31-Jul-05 22:02:22

DOH,DH has just imformed me that it is NOT the theme tune he means,but the music they use on CBeebies to advertise Clifford.

Its hard to describe-sounds to me like someone playing a recorder!

Thanks for all the feedback so far.Its amazing to find out who actually does the music for some of these programmes.I'm still reeling in disbelief after finding that Stan Cullimore is responsible for the theme to 'Little Red Tractor'.

Libb Sun 31-Jul-05 22:04:27

What is it about "They might be Giants" at the moment, everyone seems to be talking about them? . . . crazy purple!

snafu Sun 31-Jul-05 22:06:59

No, that's Grandaddy, Mirage - I think it's 'Go Progress Chrome' from Under The Western Freeway.

(Although I could be wrong )

snafu Sun 31-Jul-05 22:11:15

Sorry - tell a lie (again) the track is called AM 180, but it is Grandaddy and the album is Under The Western Freeway - have just dug it out

hewlettsdaughter Wed 03-Aug-05 07:42:05

oooh Grandaddy - they're great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now