Talk

Advanced search

Do any of you have an incling that you know a MN'er?

(38 Posts)
Toothache Fri 29-Jul-05 14:58:02

Just wondering? Perhaps you know people who are MNer's but don't know what their posting name is. Or if someone adds in a Member Profile that comes from around your area have any of you realised that you know that person in RL?

If so, have you told them???

QueenOfQuotes Fri 29-Jul-05 14:58:52

No - and no

No-one lives near me

kid Fri 29-Jul-05 14:59:17

I realised recently that one of the mums in DD's class is a MNer. Small world!

Also another MNer leaves very close to me, in fact she lives opposite my parents house!

Toothache Fri 29-Jul-05 15:00:37

QoQ - There have been a few MN'ers joined near me, but I don't think I know any of them in RL!.... Apart from those I've met on the meet-up

I just wonder if there are any MN'ers out there thinking they know me. I'm not exactly anonymous anymore!!!

Hausfrau Fri 29-Jul-05 15:07:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tiredemma Fri 29-Jul-05 15:10:47

Nutcracker and I "rediscovered" each other on here after leaving school in 1994, we were posting about a certain school in b.ham ( where coddy was a history teacher no less) and discovered that we were in the same year and shared some classes.

CarolinaMoon Fri 29-Jul-05 15:14:26

did cod teach you?

georginars Fri 29-Jul-05 15:14:36

chonky and I were best friends at junior school, before she moved away. Heard from her recently through FriendsReunited, she told me about Mumsnet, I said I was already here, and we worked out who we both were about a week ago!

QueenOfQuotes Fri 29-Jul-05 15:17:46

don't think there's been anyone else joined from Wellingborough

Actually I lie - there was one who I spoke briefly to on MSN - but not heard from here in AAAAAAAAAges.

tiredemma Fri 29-Jul-05 15:18:28

i dont remember what my history teacher was called, although coddy doesnt recognise my name ( and she would of remembered me- for all the wrong reasons)
my school was so big that i can hardly remember any of the teachers, I did have a history teacher around the time coddy was there but i dont think it was her, she could spell!!!! (only joking cod )

Cadmum Fri 29-Jul-05 15:27:40

I read a post the other day and suspected that I might know the mum who wrote it. I summoned the courage to ask her and I was right! Thankfully, I have been true to myself on MN and in RL so I don't have to worry that she will be shocked by any of my posts.. Although, I haven't gone back and read them all so maybe I should.

Scatterbrain Fri 29-Jul-05 15:31:35

One of my friends keeps mentioning things in RL that I have been reading about on here - at first I thought it was coincidence - now I think she must come on here at least as a lurker !

misdee Fri 29-Jul-05 15:32:39

theres this one called sparklymieow, and i sorta know her.......

spacecadet Fri 29-Jul-05 19:42:24

i hope no one has sussed me, i dont think there is anyone near me on mn.

hunkermunker Fri 29-Jul-05 19:43:36

I know Dinny

tigermoth Fri 29-Jul-05 19:50:46

I bumped into a father at a local playground - my 5 year old son was playing an army game with his son. We started chatting about toy guns and children playing army games in parks. I had recently posted my views on this on a very active discussion. As he chatted to me, he repeated phrases and viewpoints other mumsnetters had used on the thread almost word for word. I was sorely tempted to ask him if he 'knew' me from the internet. He was a lovely, amiable man, so I nearly did, but I didn't want him to think I was nutty!

Gobbledigook Fri 29-Jul-05 19:52:03

There's something familiar about that JoolsToo - it's spooky, I can't put my finger on it but...hmmm, it's almost like I've known her all my life!

Nemo1977 Fri 29-Jul-05 19:57:07

I got chatting to someone recently and it turns out we went to the same primary school and senior school but she wa a couple of years younger than me. We also lived down the road from each other and know a lot of the same people and her brother was in my sisters class..was quite weird

spursmum Fri 29-Jul-05 20:06:10

Have a feeling that i may have bumped into sparklymiaow and misdee in the local shops!!!

dinny Fri 29-Jul-05 20:07:37

I often think people I meet sound like they could be MNetters - never ask though.

I do know Hunker though. She's a v bad influence.

purpleturtle Fri 29-Jul-05 20:13:28

I spotted one of the mums from dd's nursery on MN. She was a bit shocked when I asked her if she was the MNetter I thought she was!

zaphod Fri 29-Jul-05 20:30:10

Not yet, but the other day my bf asked me for the name of the parenting website I'm always on about.

So I looked her straight in the eye and said...... MumsOnline. She said, 'No that's not it', so I had to tell her. It's the loss of anonymity I fear. How do the rest of you cope with that?

pootlepod Fri 29-Jul-05 20:36:08

When I lived in London, I use to look at people out in the street with kids and decide if they were mumsnetters and what their names were. Perhaps we should all wear a secret symbol to recognise each other?

Lonelymum Fri 29-Jul-05 20:39:40

I don't know anyone on MN and I don't think anyone knows me, but am I the only person who walks around in RL obsessed that everyone around me is a secret Mner and that if I et slip too much, they will recognise me from MN?

monkeytrousers Fri 29-Jul-05 20:44:40

I'm the only one in Newcastle as far as I can tell! It's a bit lonely up hereeeee!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: