Talk

Advanced search

Do any of you have an incling that you know a MN'er?

(38 Posts)
Toothache Fri 29-Jul-05 14:58:02

Just wondering? Perhaps you know people who are MNer's but don't know what their posting name is. Or if someone adds in a Member Profile that comes from around your area have any of you realised that you know that person in RL?

If so, have you told them???

QueenOfQuotes Fri 29-Jul-05 14:58:52

No - and no

No-one lives near me

kid Fri 29-Jul-05 14:59:17

I realised recently that one of the mums in DD's class is a MNer. Small world!

Also another MNer leaves very close to me, in fact she lives opposite my parents house!

Toothache Fri 29-Jul-05 15:00:37

QoQ - There have been a few MN'ers joined near me, but I don't think I know any of them in RL!.... Apart from those I've met on the meet-up

I just wonder if there are any MN'ers out there thinking they know me. I'm not exactly anonymous anymore!!!

Hausfrau Fri 29-Jul-05 15:07:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tiredemma Fri 29-Jul-05 15:10:47

Nutcracker and I "rediscovered" each other on here after leaving school in 1994, we were posting about a certain school in b.ham ( where coddy was a history teacher no less) and discovered that we were in the same year and shared some classes.

CarolinaMoon Fri 29-Jul-05 15:14:26

did cod teach you?

georginars Fri 29-Jul-05 15:14:36

chonky and I were best friends at junior school, before she moved away. Heard from her recently through FriendsReunited, she told me about Mumsnet, I said I was already here, and we worked out who we both were about a week ago!

QueenOfQuotes Fri 29-Jul-05 15:17:46

don't think there's been anyone else joined from Wellingborough

Actually I lie - there was one who I spoke briefly to on MSN - but not heard from here in AAAAAAAAAges.

tiredemma Fri 29-Jul-05 15:18:28

i dont remember what my history teacher was called, although coddy doesnt recognise my name ( and she would of remembered me- for all the wrong reasons)
my school was so big that i can hardly remember any of the teachers, I did have a history teacher around the time coddy was there but i dont think it was her, she could spell!!!! (only joking cod )

Cadmum Fri 29-Jul-05 15:27:40

I read a post the other day and suspected that I might know the mum who wrote it. I summoned the courage to ask her and I was right! Thankfully, I have been true to myself on MN and in RL so I don't have to worry that she will be shocked by any of my posts.. Although, I haven't gone back and read them all so maybe I should.

Scatterbrain Fri 29-Jul-05 15:31:35

One of my friends keeps mentioning things in RL that I have been reading about on here - at first I thought it was coincidence - now I think she must come on here at least as a lurker !

misdee Fri 29-Jul-05 15:32:39

theres this one called sparklymieow, and i sorta know her.......

spacecadet Fri 29-Jul-05 19:42:24

i hope no one has sussed me, i dont think there is anyone near me on mn.

hunkermunker Fri 29-Jul-05 19:43:36

I know Dinny

tigermoth Fri 29-Jul-05 19:50:46

I bumped into a father at a local playground - my 5 year old son was playing an army game with his son. We started chatting about toy guns and children playing army games in parks. I had recently posted my views on this on a very active discussion. As he chatted to me, he repeated phrases and viewpoints other mumsnetters had used on the thread almost word for word. I was sorely tempted to ask him if he 'knew' me from the internet. He was a lovely, amiable man, so I nearly did, but I didn't want him to think I was nutty!

Gobbledigook Fri 29-Jul-05 19:52:03

There's something familiar about that JoolsToo - it's spooky, I can't put my finger on it but...hmmm, it's almost like I've known her all my life!

Nemo1977 Fri 29-Jul-05 19:57:07

I got chatting to someone recently and it turns out we went to the same primary school and senior school but she wa a couple of years younger than me. We also lived down the road from each other and know a lot of the same people and her brother was in my sisters class..was quite weird

spursmum Fri 29-Jul-05 20:06:10

Have a feeling that i may have bumped into sparklymiaow and misdee in the local shops!!!

dinny Fri 29-Jul-05 20:07:37

I often think people I meet sound like they could be MNetters - never ask though.

I do know Hunker though. She's a v bad influence.

purpleturtle Fri 29-Jul-05 20:13:28

I spotted one of the mums from dd's nursery on MN. She was a bit shocked when I asked her if she was the MNetter I thought she was!

zaphod Fri 29-Jul-05 20:30:10

Not yet, but the other day my bf asked me for the name of the parenting website I'm always on about.

So I looked her straight in the eye and said...... MumsOnline. She said, 'No that's not it', so I had to tell her. It's the loss of anonymity I fear. How do the rest of you cope with that?

pootlepod Fri 29-Jul-05 20:36:08

When I lived in London, I use to look at people out in the street with kids and decide if they were mumsnetters and what their names were. Perhaps we should all wear a secret symbol to recognise each other?

Lonelymum Fri 29-Jul-05 20:39:40

I don't know anyone on MN and I don't think anyone knows me, but am I the only person who walks around in RL obsessed that everyone around me is a secret Mner and that if I et slip too much, they will recognise me from MN?

monkeytrousers Fri 29-Jul-05 20:44:40

I'm the only one in Newcastle as far as I can tell! It's a bit lonely up hereeeee!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now