Talk

Advanced search

Taking my baby swimming this afternoon, advice please?

(7 Posts)
Janos Fri 29-Jul-05 13:05:21

For the first time this afternoon, v short noitice, invited by a friend What should I take with me?

Sponge Fri 29-Jul-05 13:08:44

Towel, clean nappy, swim nappy of some sort - that's all I take.
Change him at the pool, take the towel in with us and wrap him up as soon as we're out of the water.
In the water we just hold him, swing him about etc which he loves. We've tried floaty devices but he tries to eat them and ends up with his face in the water and choking!
Have a good time.

tiffini Fri 29-Jul-05 13:09:50

Don't forget, baby wash for getting the chlorine off after in the showers.

Angeliz Fri 29-Jul-05 13:10:11

we tok our dd a few weeks ago for the first time and used the Mothercare seat and she loves it.
Have fun

tassis Fri 29-Jul-05 13:10:38

A hooded towel and take it right to the pool side with you (if you can), because he/she might find it cold!

A swim seat is useful, but not essential.

Something to eat afterwards (depending on age!) and a toy for him/her to hold while you change.

Be prepared for it to be a very short visit! My wee one used to find it very cold so we didnt' stay long!

When he was around 9 months we started tkaing a bath toy - watering can I think - and this was always a big help.

You'll be fine! Enjoy!

Janos Fri 29-Jul-05 13:58:19

Thanks everyone. I am looking forward to it! I was worried about not having all the right equipment but you've set my mind at rest.

Angeliz Fri 29-Jul-05 21:04:10

Hope he enjoyed it.

Did he??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: