Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

first birthdays

(6 Posts)
sunnyside Fri 29-Jul-05 01:01:48

What did you do for you DS/D's first birthday? I'd like to do something but have recently been to a few first's which were like older children's parties with ott goody bags etc and quite honestly I can't see the point when they don't really get it yet?! Am I just a misery?

LittleStarsweeper Fri 29-Jul-05 01:04:06

Took DS to the Savoy for afternoon tea. Got Savoy to make the Birthday Cake and the Pianist to play his lullaby I sang to him. 'Close to you' original by the Carpenters followed up by Happy Birthday sung by the whole room.

Chandra Fri 29-Jul-05 01:07:22

Somebody once suggested to invite one friend for first year, two for second and so on. I believe it's an excellent idea. DS had a huge party for his first (60 adults and 90 children), we all had a good time but I believe DS found it a bit too much after the first hour. Though he look to be enjoying the party and definitively very cute going all around the place with his baby walker

Chandra Fri 29-Jul-05 01:08:03

Are you serious LS? That sounds great!

LittleStarsweeper Fri 29-Jul-05 01:12:04

Yeah, I like originality. Just me DS and DH. He had his first ride on a train and loads of lovely words from the customers in the Savoy. We ate cucumber and salmon sandwiches without crusts and what we couldnt eat of the cake we took home. Very memorable.

hana Fri 29-Jul-05 01:16:28

we had a bbq with our friends - we were the first to have a baby, so she was the only little one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now