Talk

Advanced search

can chlamydia be tested for 3 days after suspected infection?

(6 Posts)
KemalsStilletto Thu 28-Jul-05 17:35:36

Can chlamydia be tested for 3 days after suspected infection took place or does it have to have time to settle in the system or if tested for say, tomorrow, might it show a negative but then be apparent in a few more days/weeks IYSWIM?

morningpaper Thu 28-Jul-05 17:41:11

Any chance you could test the partner instead?

KemalsStilletto Thu 28-Jul-05 17:48:14

well I have thought about that morningpaper, I have thought about saying something like 'before we start having a sex without condoms, how about we both go to the brook and get tested, that way if i have had anything passed on to me, and same to you, we wont be putting each other under any uneccessary stresses'. The condom just broke the other day and now i'm terrified i've caught something even tho we're very close and hes a lovely bloke, but I know hes had a sexually active past.

KemalsStilletto Thu 28-Jul-05 17:49:04

but i wont see him for a few weeks now and dont really wanna wait that long to get tested incase somethings there. I heard chlamydia can affect your fertility.

morningpaper Thu 28-Jul-05 19:35:44

Chlamydia and others can affect your fertility but that's usually only if left untreated. I would give your local GUM clinic a ring - they are usually really discreet and helpful and more knowledgable than your GP. Good luck.

HappyMumof2 Thu 28-Jul-05 19:36:35

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now