Talk

Advanced search

More campaigning: this time on chemicals & the environment

(140 Posts)
SenoraPostrophe Thu 28-Jul-05 14:51:09

Anyone who cares about having a clean environment free of toxic chemicals to live in, please sign this

wwf petition

More info (copied and pasted from an email they sent me): As a result of the poor regulation of the chemicals industry, there is not one person, or animal, on Earth that has not been exposed to a cocktail of man-made chemicals - from a polar bear in the Arctic, to a tree-frog in the tropical rainforest, to a new born baby in Britain.

Within the next five months the EU, led by the UK Government, will decide how effective the new chemicals regulation (known as REACH) will be at protecting the environment and the health of our children and wildlife for generations to come.

Please join WWF in asking the Prime Minister to persuade other European politicians to stop exposing us and our environment to toxic chemicals.

SenoraPostrophe Thu 28-Jul-05 15:26:33

camapign fatigue kicking in already then.

SenoraPostrophe Thu 28-Jul-05 18:17:52

SenoraPostrophe Thu 28-Jul-05 20:44:22

anyone?

Papillon Fri 29-Jul-05 07:24:03

I have just signed SP

Furball Fri 29-Jul-05 07:54:16

and me

Pixiefish Fri 29-Jul-05 08:16:39

done and bumping senora

rameses Fri 29-Jul-05 08:35:58

me too!

Papillon Fri 29-Jul-05 09:15:12

am crowd more proactive than pm crowd!

monkeytrousers Fri 29-Jul-05 09:19:04

Eh Paps?

I'm in by the way.

emily05 Fri 29-Jul-05 09:30:06

done

Papillon Fri 29-Jul-05 16:36:52

MT that translates to the ´am´ - morning crowd have responded to this - while nobody in the ´pm´- afternoon/evening crowd has.

Perhaps we all run out of steam even for the 90 seconds it takes to fill in the petition

spidermama Fri 29-Jul-05 16:45:22

I totally agree with this. It's a subject very close to my heart.

By the way the Women's Environmental Network (WEN) has a great page all about alternative cleaning materials which have less or no environmental impact. (vinegar, bicarb etc)

I'm sooo frustrated that I still seem uable to do links but if anyone could be botherred to dig it out, it really has some great ideas.

I started to fill out petition then noticed it's compulsory to fill in address and email address. I make a point of never giving out these details because I hate unsolicited mail and phone calls.

A very important cause though. I hardly use any nasty chemicals. A bottle of bleach lasts me a year.

Papillon Fri 29-Jul-05 16:55:26

spidermama down the bottom of the page in the box entitled Emphasis , in bold is this... \link{http://news.bbc.co.uk \ this}

With your mouse you can copy and paste that into the Add a Message box. Or type it in. Then \link{ put the web address in here\this}

\link{
web address
\this}

the word This can be changed to WEN or whatever topic you are posting about. Make sure you have no space except in the This area which can be a sentence or more lengthwise.

may the link force be with you

Papillon Fri 29-Jul-05 16:58:00

Oh spidermama you can tick not to receive any information... and if you have hotmail anything they send will go in Junk mail so you won´t have to bothered about seeing it.

Don´t think you have to give your telephone number - I have found WWF to be street walking than phone talking.

They are my favourite organisation - I am into looking out for the non-human animals

Papillon Fri 29-Jul-05 21:06:13

spidermama Fri 29-Jul-05 21:08:22

Will re-investigate after Big Brother.

spidermama Sat 30-Jul-05 00:02:42

OK Papillon. Thanks for the tutorial. I think I've been doing the wrong slash so fingers crossed.

This is a useful page of non-harmful cleaning and other products from the Women's Environmental Network. It'll also save you money, free your house of dangerous caustic substances and protect the environment.

this

spidermama Sat 30-Jul-05 00:03:26

Wayyyyheyy! I did a link. Thanks so much papillon. Ain't no stoppin' us now.

lunachic Sat 30-Jul-05 00:17:02

this company do fab toxin free household products amongst other things -just though this link was topical will sign pet tomoz

Socci Sat 30-Jul-05 06:48:40

Message withdrawn

bumptobabies Sat 30-Jul-05 08:21:20

sighned,i tried to open the page on cleaning recipies a little box in the left corner came up i think im not able to open pdf for some reason.

spidermama Sat 30-Jul-05 10:28:13

Bumping this thread for the environmetnally friendly products threads.

lunachic Sat 30-Jul-05 10:35:48

signed

SenoraPostrophe Sat 30-Jul-05 17:45:21

just bumping in order to test papillon's am/pm theory (that the morning mnetters are more proactive than the pm ones.)

spidermama - you have to give email and address because that gives the petition more weight I think. any fool can gather a huge list of names.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: