Talk

Advanced search

People with 4 children - do you ever stay in hotels?

(16 Posts)
redshoes Wed 27-Jul-05 19:05:11

I am trying to arrange accommodation in Swansea to visit PILs. Now we have 4 children (one only a babe) we don't fit in the Marriott! What should we do?

tiffini Wed 27-Jul-05 19:09:40

iF THE hOTEL HAS KING SIZE BEDS could fit 1 or even 2 children in with you, then you would only need 1 extra bed and a cot.

If worse comes to the worst, you could have 2 rooms next dor to each other, and you and PARNER\HUSBAND could each have 2 children.

redshoes Wed 27-Jul-05 19:56:10

Think they limit number of people cos of health and safety/fire regs (so they say). Two rooms is an option but then it's twice the price!

PrettyCandles Wed 27-Jul-05 20:06:16

Have you looked at Youth Hostels? They do family rooms and have dorms of various sizes. And they're much cheaper than hotels!

Pollyanna Wed 27-Jul-05 20:20:11

redshoes, we've recently done a trip with 4 children (to Brighton!) - we had to do 2 rooms. Also in the summer we're going to a hotel with 2 rooms too. Its bl**dy expensive!

PrettyCandles Wed 27-Jul-05 20:25:13

Could the older two stay with the PILs?

Gillian76 Wed 27-Jul-05 20:26:34

We encountered the same problem with 3 children. they won't let you "squeeze" them in any more.

I say they should build bigger rooms for us

miam Wed 27-Jul-05 20:28:59

Always have to have 2 rooms now. The kids love it, but our bank balance doesn't.

redshoes Wed 27-Jul-05 21:14:49

Not just us then! Eldest could stay with PILs but MIL disabled and all a bit stressy. Will do some research into Youth Hostels though as near enough to Black Mountains...thanks for the idea.

sorrel Wed 27-Jul-05 21:26:32

what about a nice bandb. more homely and cheaper if you are 6 people. will look and see for you in Swansea area.

swedishmum Wed 27-Jul-05 21:32:22

V ashamed to say dh has sometimes checked in then phoned me in the car park and I've snuck up with additional kids. Even done it in a well known Knightsbridge hotel and a 5* in Rotterdam...
I know it's a health and safety thing but we had it even with three. Often they are very nice and upgrade.
The joke is they all end up in the same bed anyway when they are little.
Family rooms are my biggest bugbear. Hotels lose a lot of business because they can't accept people have lots of kids.

sorrel Wed 27-Jul-05 21:32:52

this place might be too far away dont know

sorrel Wed 27-Jul-05 21:37:01

or one of these

sorrel Wed 27-Jul-05 21:42:51

has family rooms here

redshoes Thu 28-Jul-05 10:37:42

Thanks guys - Swedishmum, my dh is trying to persuade me to do that! Our little blonde girls DO look very similar and he insists the staff would not notice! But the shame if they did!
Sorrel, thanks for the links, will phone Windsor lodge and see if any joy. x

Ameriscot2005 Thu 28-Jul-05 10:57:59

A lot of independent hotels and guest houses, or even B&Bs, have family rooms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now