Talk

Advanced search

Want to publicise that proceeds going to charity - any rules and regs

(5 Posts)
handlemecarefully Wed 27-Jul-05 13:26:12

Doing a car boot sale for charity at w/end. Want to stick some posters up saying that all proceeds going to a particular charity. Would this be 'breaking the law' - are there any rules and regs? I know that if you are collecting for charity you have to be registered somehow. Is this any different?

popmum Wed 27-Jul-05 13:34:53

why don;t you contact the head office of the charity you wish to donate too - maybe they can advise and maybe provide posters ?

beep Wed 27-Jul-05 13:44:12

i think if you are using a charities name you should ask them first, someone may see the sign and check up with them and then think you are trying to rip people off if the charity doesn't know you are doing the bbot sale.

handlemecarefully Wed 27-Jul-05 13:47:58

That's an excellent idea - why didn't I think of that. Yes I will contact the charity concerned!

handlemecarefully Wed 27-Jul-05 13:57:47

Done. Rang Oxfam (it's for the West African Food Crisis) and they are sending me a formal authorisation type letter thing that I can wave at people if queried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now